Airtel has only 23,000 landline subscribers in Haryana!

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,345
WiFi needs wireline 😕 in most cases, also given airtel's limited availability, the figures aren't surprising.

maybe because not everyone needs 24x7 high speed internet connectivity and they do just fine with 3G or CDMA usb modems just fine?also there are tons of local players in every city. airtel is popular in metros but in societies and smaller cities? other ISPs are probably doing a better job.

I'm one of them 23000😛And I agree with the previous post.

OT: warthog cant just stop himself from using wtf in thread titles, even after bans! 😀

Maybe they are including NCR in Delhi?

10 Lacs is not a high number for Delhi because all posh colonies of Delhi are covered by Airtel and there are not many local ISPs in Delhi like some cities have Beam, fivenet, act etc. Sify is finished from Delhi for good. Reliance wireline doen't have network in most areas of Delhi. As far as figure of 23,000 landlines in Haryana is concerned, I doubt this number. If one adds the landlines that MNCs are having in Gurgaon, that number alone will be way higher than 23K. Similarly, 24K landlines in UP (west) is also unbelievable figure. Noida and Greater Noida have large number of societies where BSNL is not present and Airtel is the only landline service provider.May be the definition of landline here is a connection which is being used only for voice calls. Landlines on which ADSL connections are also given may be counted as broadband connections????