SRK in videocon DDB, doesnt it violate Dish TV tie up?

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,238

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
I am seeing SRK ads promoting Videocon DDB!It also shows that it supports satellite TV!!Doesnt it violate his deal with Dish tv?Or has dish tv deal expired??If deal has not expired.. I am sure soon we will get court cases!Or am I missing something?

Not missing anything. He has been brand ambassador for both these brands for quite some time now. Remember those cheesy Videocon logo change ads? He is only selling a TV, not the connection that comes with it. Just like endorsing Nokia doesn't mean one cannot endorse VodafoneIt's just like Videocon D2H's brand ambassador endorses Videocon's mobile provider rival Idea.

No point is... Nokia and Vodafone are different.

D2H and mobile is different.

But TV and satellite TV... its a more or less a direct link.

Plus the ad clearly shows satellite connection. When I saw the ad.. i was like when did SRK switch to videocon DTH.

then i realised its TV ad not DTH.

Videocon has clearly used a TRICK here. They indirectly made SRK promote their DTH as well.

I am sure Dish tv will have objection. Lets wait and watch.

If I remember right I have seen ads with this thing long back and Dish TV didn't oppose all this while. Moreover both Subhash Chandra and Dhoot are in his friends list, so it is highly doubtful any kind of legal action will even be considered, let alone initiated.

I think his legal team scrutinize his every deal for these traps and he must be knowing what he is doing.

May be. I noticed this ad just today. Didnt know it was running from long.

The DDB or whatever it is called is a new ad. I was referring to his endorsement which I clearly remember seeing a long time back and I had the same question that you do now

They had Abhisheik do the DTH ads. They have a deal with SR-K for TV as he has been doing those ads for some time as well. Maybe they might object, and demand removal but I doubt they will drag him to court.

And somewhere in the ad, IIRC, they have mentioned that D2h need not be used with DDB.Really not sure if i read this, or i read the opposite of this! 😀

Technically, it comes with support for a DTH STB, however considering that none of the providers want someone else's network on their device, there is practically zero scope for such a thing. Also it is not mandatory to take the D2H connection.

Here is the ad.

VIDEOCON DDB - SHAH RUKH KHAN @IamSRK - YouTube

In the end he says "Kuch bhula to nahi!".... (Did I forget something?)

(A stress on something which he forgot and getting specific attention of viewers)

And they show a satellite signal coming to TV. An indirect promotion of Videocon DTH.

DDB comes under consumer electronics and Dish TV under Broadcasting and Entertainment. So, they are not violating any norms or conditions of either of the two.

DDB : Digital Direct Broadcast
DTH services just helps in receiving signals. Where as, DDB as a platform recieves direct digital signals from satellite without any transmission loss, and thats too without help of any seperate set top box. Not only this, it gives you an audio-visual experience never seen or heard before. Its cloud computing abilities help you access your files remotely which are saved on it.It allows you to experience flicker free 3D viewing. It also has the ability to convert 2D channels into life-like 3D quality, making this digital technology platform nothing short of being magical.It has full fledged internet access alongwith net buttons like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Picassa, eWeather, Internet Radio, mail and chat client and various applications viz UPnP and File Sharing.

DDB enabled Television, LAN/Wi-fi/ datacard connection, D2H connection are some of the few basic requirements to experience DDB.

DDB needs D2H 🙂