Thinking of leaving Beam Telecom

rohitr

[OP]
Jun 15, 2012
Thinking to leave beam as my 6 month contract is about to expire... i'm thinking to shift to reliance thunder 699 which give 2mbps no FUP and 6months package is 3499 + installation charges... is it a good choice...???

powerwatts

Regular
Regulars
Nov 16, 2011
Hyderabad
If its 600 per month for 2Mbps unlimited, its awesome. Beam currently gives 2Mbps unlimited in the 15Mbps plan for 1100. So if you are a heavy user, the Reliance plan is superb.Btw, how are the up-speeds on Reliance?

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
If you're a heavy downloader then Reliance is the best for you. Just enquire about the service of reliance in your area to see if they have good reputation. But if you're a normal user ( 4~5odd movies+ youtube) then it makes sense to stay on beam( if they have good in your area). Generally beam is very slow to react to complaints in one area and in some areas its very prompt.

rohitr

[OP]
Jun 15, 2012
I'm a heavy user, i download around 45-50 GB a month.... btw how does reliance broadband via ethernet cable or adsl modem in hyd?

doomsday_2012

Regulars
Aug 25, 2009
I'm a heavy user, i download around 45-50 GB a month.... btw how does reliance broadband via ethernet cable or adsl modem in hyd?
If so then Reliance 600 is the best, if you take Metro Ethernet, i mean if it's available in your area you will get full 2Mbps Upload Speed also and 1099 will give you full 4Mbps Down and Up and Finally it's Ethernet.:)

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
Iam sorry to say but downloading ~50GB does not mean you're a heavy downloader :confused:

That being said, reliance should suit you.

Reactions: 1 person

SASHA007

Feb 26, 2012
^Lol exactly.

I've downloaded 35 GB in the last 3 days.

Reliance Thunder 699 :)

Hi ,

Can you please check ur IP and then restart your modem / router to check if you receive the same IP or a different IP ? I wanna know if IP can be change by restarting the router ?

Plz reply ...

rohitr

[OP]
Jun 15, 2012
Iam sorry to say but downloading ~50GB does not mean you're a heavy downloader :confused:

That being said, reliance should suit you.

I'm downloading less due to lower FUP speeds otherwise the story is different...

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
Hi ,

Can you please check ur IP and then restart your modem / router to check if you receive the same IP or a different IP ? I wanna know if IP can be change by restarting the router ?

Plz reply ...

I don't use router. But Iam sure Beam uses Dynamic IP instead of an static one. Meaning Beam's IP changes regularly.