Does BSNL have 30 min disconnection policy?

aviral sangal

Senior
ISP
Tikona
I happened to see my usage from selfcare portal and was shocked to see almost 99% sessions had the duration of 30 mins. How is this possible?

Even Ive observed that. Doesn't really matter as long as the connection doesn't break every 30 minutes. It used to be fine earlier. Guess, it now counts in batches of 30 minutes each.

I think it does break for a couple of seconds. Maybe IP refresh or something.I think it does break for a couple of seconds. Maybe IP refresh or something.Edit: I do have a count of 10hrs too and 5 hrs also.

Hmm. IP changes once every 24 hours or on modem restart. I haven't personally seen the connection stall.

Even i wondering about the disconnection, after i saw this thread..i kept eye on router and my dsl drops after every 30 mins ..oh feck you bsnl...i can't play online games...

ADSL Type Interleave Path Status Show Time Downstream Upstream Data Rate (kbps) 4096 509 Noise Margin (dB) 19.5 19.9 Attenuation (dB) 41.2 24.9 Output power(dbm) 16.0 12.0

Attenuation is on the higher side. Can you get it fixed ? Also do you get the entire 4mbps ?

For 4 mbps, your sync rate needs to be greater than the 4096kbps it is currently at. Ideally they set it at 7999kbps. Now, given your high attenuation, increasing the sync rate might lead to a further drop in snr (one really cant judge without trying it). Is your line new ?For increasing the sync rate, complain using the link in my signature

For 4 mbps, your sync rate needs to be greater than the 4096kbps it is currently at. Ideally they set it at 7999kbps. Now, given your high attenuation, increasing the sync rate might lead to a further drop in snr (one really cant judge without trying it). Is your line new ?

For increasing the sync rate, complain using the link in my signature

They tried increasing my sync rate but then my broadband didnt connect. And yes my line is just a month old.

Even I am facing this prob since couple of days and this happens at nite time only. After connecting the BB is slow today. Any one else facing the same?Using Airtel 3G to connect in my lappy