MTNL 2Mbps Speed Videos Buffer a Lot and DL takes Long time

doomsday_2012

ISP
Tata
I am on 2Mbps MTNL plan but i felt before 2Mbps was enough but after using for about a month i am totally frustrated with this Speed, downloading 1GB files takes like hours together and Online Streaming Video Sites like YouTube and Vimeo buffers a hell lot, 10 minutes to buffer for 2Minutes Video even at the lowest Possible Resolution, i guess 2Mbps is not at all enough for today's Internet needs, any idea when they will be launching good decent plans compared to other developed country standards, i am not an internet freak but whenever i do some heavy stuff online 2Mbps feels like a Tortoise in this World compared to Cheeta's all over, i have a very high end Computer, Mobile, TV and Lappy nearly worth 3Lakhs but without good Internet Speeds it's Just useless i guess, don't know what exactly to do on my PC without Internet, so please tell these MTNL guys to give better Speeds compared for today's needs of average People and don't be a loser, that's all i want to say, Peace.🙂

Must be some issue.My 512kbps does not buffer much. At 1mbps (after 6pm) it plays without any buffer.call ur hardware engineer to check or call MTNL guys.

Amish, this chap is just wasting your time. Refer to his previous posts.On second thoughts, it seems like blazer is back (and back to his old ways too )

Must be some issue.

My 512kbps does not buffer much. At 1mbps (after 6pm) it plays without any buffer.

call ur hardware engineer to check or call MTNL guys.
Yeah i complaint them on 1500, 1504 and 1505 many times and even Spoke to the engineer but they said your getting the rite Speed according to your Plan that is 2Mbps (256Kilo bytes per second), if you want take higher Speed plan like 4Mbps, 10Mbps or 20Mbps FTTH Plans which costs like 10K, 30K and 48K per month, but i don't want to spend that much, my max budget is 2K Per month for Unlimited without any FUP peace of mind Plans, hope these MTNL guys give faster Speeds at decent affordable Prices in Future, i am really Frustrated with this kinda Speeds.🙁

At some thread you said you have only TATA in your area. Magic?
Tata dial-up secondary connection and MTNL as Primary.🙂

Amish, this chap is just wasting your time. Refer to his previous posts.

On second thoughts, it seems like blazer is back (and back to his old ways too )

Hmmm.. i dont recall seeing that id. so i posted.

actually most of times here, i dont know who i am replying to.

i just see question and answer!

Yeah, 2Mbps is pretty sub-standard according to international speeds. If you're saying your bill is less than or around 2k in MTNL DSL, you may be either not having the 2 MBPS unlimited plan or you'r using the Xpress 2mbps plans which have FUP limit on the 2 MBPS and then get downgraded after FUP to 512k to 1 MBP for the rest of the month2MBPS unlimited NOFUP costs 4999 INR a month in MTNL, it may seem expensive. But then again is pretty much the same cost as people pay abroad in the US, UAE & Australia, about $59.99 to $99.99 a month.And if you want 4 Mbps plan that costs 9,999 INR a month is about $200 or less, which is again pretty much the same cost as people pay abroad for these speeds.Please do not fall for those private players boasting they provide 10 Mbps NOFUP & 20 Mbps NOFUP for 1k or 2k INR a month, because they can't provide the kind of bandwidth of that sort at those costs. And if they do, they'll just take you for a ride with disconnects, lowering your speeds, ensuring you do not get peace of mind and as promised.MTNL is the real only provider with the realistic plan and the price.I suggest go or DSL_UNLIMITED_1599 plan from MTNL, its the best bang for the buck for truly unlimited internet with NOFUP & please do not fall for those FTTH & Xpress plans as they all got "Speed FUP" on them and your back to 1Mbps or less for the rest of the month.DSL_UNLIMITED_1599 plan you will get.Morning to Afternoon 1.344 Mbps which is about 166kbps+ download speed.Evening 1.792 Mbps which is about 222kbps+ download speed.Night 2Mbps which is the 256kbps+ download.All these with no FUP of any kind and cost of 1600 bucks plus the land-line rent or plan you choose add.It's a marketing gimmic in FTTH .. where mtnl is shouting loud .. "10 MBPS 20 MBPS Fiber Internet unlimited" , but then they only provide the 50 to 150 gb download limit at those speeds, at 10 Mbps & 20 Mbps it wont take you 24 to 48 hours to get that depleted. Then your back into "true 10 mbps no FUP Unlimited FTTH"... haha ... 1mbps or lower for the rest of month.

2MBPS unlimited NOFUP costs 4999 INR a month in MTNL, it may seem expensive. But then again is pretty much the same cost as people pay abroad in the US, UAE & Australia, about $59.99 to $99.99 a month.
And if you want 4 Mbps plan that costs 9,999 INR a month is about $200 or less, which is again pretty much the same cost as people pay abroad for these speeds.

It cost 1900 on MTNL delhi. I was on it and this plan is still offered. Real economy doesn't work by multiplying exchange rate. A road side burger in US cost 2$ doesn't mean it will cost Rs.110 here.

It cost 1900 on MTNL delhi. I was on it and this plan is still offered. Real economy doesn't work by multiplying exchange rate. A road side burger in US cost 2$ doesn't mean it will cost Rs.110 here.

It's the best plan on MTNL for truly FUP, By the way hehe, I don't want to get into discussion or argument about real economy and exchange rate (Because actually real economy works very much on actual exchange rate ) , I'm trading exchange rate and commodities since 8 years so..

I agree, but your internet is not coming from road side, bandwidth is being brought from abroad na. 🙂 BTW, I would love to see road side burger, because the only burger we are getting here in india is on those mcdonalds and such.. and yes they do cost 110 bucks or more... unless your talking about vada pav.

Oh yes man!

Broadband

Is it that the bandwith of the country is coming from delhi? or maybe because its the capital and the political capital, so they have subsidized rates?

But then topic starter's location is in Mumbai, so how does he get 2Mbps unlimited below 2k with No FUP, it costs 5k here.

Ohh Buddy. I think it's cheap there, because its shared bandwidth, they are having some "contention ratio". MTNL mumbai is not shared bandwidth so maybe charge is more here? Not sure though if we are on shared too.

I am on 2Mbps MTNL plan but i felt before 2Mbps was enough but after using for about a month i am totally frustrated with this Speed, downloading 1GB files takes like hours together and Online Streaming Video Sites like YouTube and Vimeo buffers a hell lot, 10 minutes to buffer for 2Minutes Video even at the lowest Possible Resolution, i guess 2Mbps is not at all enough for today's Internet needs, any idea when they will be launching good decent plans compared to other developed country standards, i am not an internet freak but whenever i do some heavy stuff online 2Mbps feels like a Tortoise in this World compared to Cheeta's all over, i have a very high end Computer, Mobile, TV and Lappy nearly worth 3Lakhs but without good Internet Speeds it's Just useless i guess, don't know what exactly to do on my PC without Internet, so please tell these MTNL guys to give better Speeds compared for today's needs of average People and don't be a loser, that's all i want to say, Peace.🙂

Whatever his intentions might be.......... But lately I am also feeling You Tube and some other sites are taking too much time........ something at MTNL's end.

My line stats are good......... Speed test is ok........

While watching/ downloading I am using only 50-60% of the bandwidth while I have no parallel connection.
Earlier streaming/ downloading used to consume 80-95% bandwidth.

May be they have started Bandwidth throttling for some sites......