Asus RT N13U router with reliance broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goyal.sanchit

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Hello EveryoneI got a new reliance connection and have to buy a wireless router now. Currently I use routers of Netgear, TP-Link and beetel brand.Since this connection would be used mostly for downloading I was planning to buy Asus RT N13U router so that I could connect it with pen drive and use for downloading most of the time.What I wanted to know was how is this router. Reading reviews on flipkart it seems this router has a history of going bad after 1-2 months. Many cases similar to that. Also I am not too sure about the download master. I read somewhere that it doesnt support the resume feature.Though I can do some research and install dd wrt but since I havent done that now I do not really want to spend my time on it. Sometimes I feel I should buy a simple router and leave all this hassle! So I would like to know if other forum members are using this router and if yes how is it in terms of performance and is the default download master good enough and support basic functions such as resume?Regards

I bought a N16 last month but havent played around with it much. But it is working absolutely fine and I did install dd-wrt firmware on it. and since I have a NAS with a debian server, I do not use the USB hubs in it. Might use it sometime just to see how it goes.

I have N13U got from flipkart around 6 months ago and working great. I used stock sw for 10-15 days and after that I installed dd-wrt just out of curiosity (nothing was wrong with stock one. Just update it once you buy it) Dont have any issue. With DD-WRT I think range is increased and router is more stable. (never needed to restart) and game me more functionality. About USB use. I dont need as of now so never used it but future I might.

I bought the Asus n13u router. Download master is not very good. Doesnt seem to support magnet links. Also websites stop opening suddenly. Dont know if it is the reliance connection or router which is at fault.

Stock firmware is very stable, yes, you could try updating the firmware. The firmware that comes loaded with the router does have some issues, I've posted about them in one of the threads.

The firmware is the latest. Thats the 1st thing I do. I havent used it much till now so cant say for sure what is the issue.

Alright. Here is what you can do, the next time sites stop loading, first ping the Asus router, and then the reliance router, if both pings go through with no packet loss or very high latencies, your router should be alright. For me, it'd not be able to ping the bsnl modem sometimes, firmware update solved that.

Alright. Here is what you can do, the next time sites stop loading, first ping the Asus router, and then the reliance router, if both pings go through with no packet loss or very high latencies, your router should be alright. For me, it'd not be able to ping the bsnl modem sometimes, firmware update solved that.

Thanks! Why did I not think of it earlier! I have tried pinging the reliance router and it does seem to receive all the packets. Didnt think of pinging asus router. Would try next time. Though what values should I look for when you say high latencies?

There is one other issue also. I cant access the reliance utstarcom modem. I have tried various combinations such as admin/admin, admin/password, administrator/password, password/password. None seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.