How to play recorded video of DVR in Windows?

• Thread starter Thread starter iCon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,265

iCon

masoom kameena!
ISP
Random 3G!
I have a DVR with 500GB HDD which is linux partition and when exploring that hdd with Linux explore from windows some .(dot) Stream files are there.. Is there any player for Windows which can play those videos for me.

The videos stored in DVR are DRM protected u wont be able to play them in Windows.

Then how to play? I dont have Ubuntu.. Do I need to install Ubuntu?

It can't be played. Dvr files format has not been decoded till now. And at present its not possible. So enjoy it on your DVR box only.

Omg.. Then whats the use of recording? 😕 Sorry i should have made it clear in my first post.. Anyway I am talking about security camera recorder likewise placed in banks and home security system.

I am going to repeat what has been already said. DVR uses DRM encryption on the video stored on their hard drives. It is designed to block data transfer to a medium like your computer to discourage piracy on the internet. You would have to hunt for decrypting tools on the net if there exist any for the tech your DTH Company is using. But there is no easy way to make these files playable on your computer. As simple as that. The reason is piracy. If they make it easy to get the files to your computer, all the content would be made available for sharing online.