• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1,802

x720

Incoherent Poster
ISP
airtel, BSNL, MTNL
I've heard good things about this show. This was in many a critics' top-10 list for 2011. Only 6 episodes per season. I guess I could check both after the second season is over.

Last weekend, I managed to catch up with both the seasons. And I loved it. It's a bit slow but it was never boring. The main lead is Q from Skyfall, the leading lady Romola Garai is adorable, also has Dominic West from The Wire, and Oona Chaplin, the grand daughter of Charlie Chaplin. The first season had a espionage theme and the second was crime/vice themed. A very good show.

saw the first episode. took me a while to understand what's going on. and i am still not sure what's going on 😀 first i thought it was going to be the british edition of The Newsroom. then i thought it was going to be the british version of The Killing. now, i am not sure what i think it is 😀 going to watch second episode now. also needs to get the second season. :\

second episode seen. so it is pretty much a mixture of the newsroom and the killing. i do not mind the slow pace of the show. i actually enjoy it.

the killing sucks? i thought it was a fascinating watch. of course it did not get renewed for another season. but i enjoyed it thoroughly. 🙂

ooh. that's great news 😀

In a democracy, the only thing one
can be right about is...
the right to ask the question.
And the real question is,
do we live in a democracy...
..or...
under the illusion of one?

Now, let's watch half hour of rain and Linden wearing a new sweater, chewing gum for the other half hour. 😛

the other guy keep the things interesting 😀 he is very much like the Nathan Young of Misfits in this show 😀

Indeed. Joel Kinnaman as Holder is great.I am not going into why I hated The Killing. But you must understand one thing. I think you watched both seasons in a marathon. I watched one episode at a time. And it was frustrating. This show was supposed to be one case per season. They promised to reveal the killer at the end of first season. Each episode had red herrings after red herrings only to end the first season as a cliffhanger.Shows like Dexter, SoA, Justified, Breaking Bad end an arc in 12 episodes. There was no need to stretch a single case into the second season.

There was no need to stretch a single case into the second season.

did they not reveal the killer at the end of the first season? i thought the campaign manager was the killer? :\

==

about The Hour... i am on second season. and i have a question. the new head of the news team... his voice reminds me of another television character. i just cannot put my finger on it. someone help!

took me more than an hour to finally connect the dots. this guy's voice reminds me of Eli Gold from The Good Wife!