Incoherent Poster
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Not sure if I'd posted this last year, but

The Hour (BBC TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Hour (TV Series 2011–*) - IMDb

A behind-the-scenes drama and espionage thriller in Cold War-era England that centers on a journalist, a producer, and an anchorman for an investigative news programme.

Now, while this isn't excellent TV, it is pretty engaging. Do give it a go if you're looking for something to watch.

balajik

Regular
Regulars
Jul 14, 2005
Chennai
I've heard good things about this show. This was in many a critics' top-10 list for 2011. Only 6 episodes per season. I guess I could check both after the second season is over.

x720

Incoherent Poster
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Yep. I really liked the first season. But, the second season hasn't had the same effect yet.

balajik

Regular
Regulars
Jul 14, 2005
Chennai
Last weekend, I managed to catch up with both the seasons. And I loved it. It's a bit slow but it was never boring. The main lead is Q from Skyfall, the leading lady Romola Garai is adorable, also has Dominic West from The Wire, and Oona Chaplin, the grand daughter of Charlie Chaplin. The first season had a espionage theme and the second was crime/vice themed. A very good show.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
saw the first episode. took me a while to understand what's going on. and i am still not sure what's going on :D first i thought it was going to be the british edition of The Newsroom. then i thought it was going to be the british version of The Killing. now, i am not sure what i think it is :D going to watch second episode now. also needs to get the second season. :\

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
second episode seen. so it is pretty much a mixture of the newsroom and the killing. i do not mind the slow pace of the show. i actually enjoy it.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the killing sucks? i thought it was a fascinating watch. of course it did not get renewed for another season. but i enjoyed it thoroughly. :)

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
ooh. that's great news :D

In a democracy, the only thing one
can be right about is...
the right to ask the question.
And the real question is,
do we live in a democracy...
..or...
under the illusion of one?