How to install Broadband in windows 8

• Thread starter Thread starter superxboy11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,728
You do not install broadband in windows or in your computer. You do it at your place. And moreover you could have done a better job in posting this thread

You do not install broadband in windows or in your computer. You do it at your place. And moreover you could have done a better job in posting this thread

Bad answer. You should not mock anyone, if he lacks some basic computer knowledge. better not answer rather than making a mockery out of his knowledge.

I will start by asking what company's broadband. Cable/DSL. For BSNL, it was simply like plug & play.

Uhh you guys did not understand there is no add connection in newtwork connections of windows 8. so how i will add a connection.its bsnl and its not like plug and play. you can simply install and windows 8 and check it before telling me anything 😛well i jsut need the lan. when i insert the driver cd it says it cant find any modem but on wins xp or 7 it shows.

Uhm Thanks hahah it worked before you said i am sorry actually as i replied i jsut noticed the network and sharing centre which i was not able to find. anyways thanks to everyone!

Ideally windows shoud be able to install drivers for most NICs. And the driver CD that u have might not have any drivers for windows 8. Did u get this driver cd before the release of w8? Depending on the type of nic (integrated on mobo or a separate pci card) u would have to look for the mobo vendor's website or the card vendors website to download latest drivers for w8. U would have to use a seperate computer to with net connection to do that.To ensure that it is a driver problem u need to check the device manager to see if there are any question or exclamation marks next to something like network contoller or an unknown device.Another option is that bsnl might have given u a usb cable with the modem. If the usb drivers on win8 are working u can try to connect ur modem wiht the cable (ur modem has to be usb supported for this to work)

Okay .. I have 3 year old dual core 2 with 3GB ram and onboard GPU. Having windows 7 which has been rock solid and never even got BSOD even after 2 years. Now I have a genuine windows8 which I got from a friend. He says in windows 8, speed improved a lot. Now main uses of my PC are browsing ,photoshop and watching movies,songs,trivial stuff etc. So should I move to windows 8 to get this so called "speed boost" over windows7?