What is connection between UPS and ADSL link ?

ISP
BSNL
Today when I got connected on 12678, the person at the other end told me to connect to the power line directly instead of via UPS to make the ADSL light stable.... to check. I do not know what is connection between a stable ADSL light and avoiding UPS ? I do not of any connection between ADSL and UPS, but still I am assuming of voltage problem, but even if voltage problem, then is it not better to give through UPS?Does any one know what is connection between UPS and ADSL light ?

Interesting. Yesterday I connected my RCOM ADSL model and Asus WiFi router to my APC UPS. Since then I've lost link twice. This has never happened before. Earlier they were directly connected to AC power via a Belkin surge protector. I think the person who advised you to do so is right, but I fail to understand the technical reason behind doing so. :/

my modem and router have always been connected through my ups. never had any problem. they would of course restart if i do not connect them on the ups.i mean my net is not exactly reliable but i do not see any disconnection whenever there is a power cut.