3D Glasses that would work in movie theaters!

• Thread starter Thread starter rvisharma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 7,818

rvisharma

viva la vida
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Recently watched 'Avatar-Special edition' at Big Cinema,TGIP Noida. Very bad expirence. Screen was so small,goggle was so inconvenient to wear and in bad shape(scratches and all). Picture looked almost black and white. Ruined my day. Believe me, it was many-many times worse than what i see on Blu-ray rip 720p on my LCD.

I Watched Life of Pi yesterday at TGIP, 3D effects are awesome, but as you said, their 3D glasses was really in bad shape, they also gave cleaning wipe for glasses, but still not Good.
Ruined the movie..
Next time, i'll bring my own glasses..

that's what i plan to do myself. i had asked my friend who has a 3D tv to carry his own units. but idiot said that cinema people would not let us take them in. lol. he actually asked the ushers in the theater if they allow people to bring their own glasses. i think i should get a unit for my own personal use. anyone can indicate where i can buy a good quality unit which would work in theaters?

Upvote 0
Sick of the units they give us. Want to get a pair for myself. I do not have a 3D TV. I do not intend to buy one.

Upvote 0
At TGIP, I'm Sure there is no problem in bringing your own 3D glasses, they let people inside with their belongings(College bag) which is generally not allowed in other places. Just put your own 3d glasses in bag, and switch when movie starts.Keep in mind,they use Passive 3D glasses, but DT Cinemas-Shalimar Bagh uses Active 3D Shutter glasses, this matters too..Passive 3D glasses are pretty cheap..

Upvote 0
i think i have used both of them at pvr at different point of times. one has a glass that blinks rapidly right?

Upvote 0
one has a glass that blinks rapidly right?
yes, thats an Active Shutter 3D glasses, pretty heavier than Passive glasses

Upvote 0
righto. but both would work in theaters right? or they provide the glasses based on the movie print they get from the distributors?

Upvote 0
Passive 3D glasses will work in all theaters who use Passive 3D format, thats why those glasses were messed up.but your own Active 3D glasses may not work in theaters, because your glasses have to sync up with the movie.They rely on an infrared signal emitter in the TV that tells each pair of glasses when they should dim each lens, so each eye can see the image intended for it.

Upvote 0
Not an answer but another question.are 3D glasses for 3D tv same as for 3D movies (curtain based cinema house)?

Upvote 0
my friend has passive glasses provided by LG i think because they do not blink. but at least they are not filthy. i guess i would buy a passive unit. at least they should be better than what they provide in theaters!

Upvote 0
Not an answer but another question.

are 3D glasses for 3D tv same as for 3D movies (curtain based cinema house)?

Passive 3D glasses of 3D tv will work for theaters too provided they too uses passive 3D technology.

might be diffrent case for active shutter glasses

Upvote 0
but idiot said that cinema people would not let us take them in. lol.

he actually asked the ushers in the theater if they allow people to bring their own glasses.

why ask? simply carry it in pocket! 😀

and take the glasses they provide as well (but dont use it) so that they dont doubt it.

Upvote 0