• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,996

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I have renewed with TS for Semi Annual Grand Sports Pack along with HD Acces PM and TenSports (alacarte) and also renewed my Secondary connection - TS + for annual subscription....I have done this because TS added 7 tamil channels in the last 3 months but still my Tamil Channel viewing is not increased....i thought shifting to other service provider just channel count is ridiculous....thats the reason i have opted Semi Annual Grand Sports pack with TS ....Next week i might go with Annual Sports PAck ... probably by month end or early next month i might opt for MEga South HD Pack....

and i thought you were planning to discard Tata Sky for videocon!

Thought of moving to D2H...but for that i need to purchase 2 STBs with PVR...Capital amount is very high ... the difference is that i would end up in paying appx 75 - 100 PM when compared to D2H but i cant fetch Rs. 13,000 upfront capital cost for the purchase of 2 HD PVR box...

Yes, divorce is expensive; more so if the staying together is longer!

Unless the other service provider offers channel(s) which are a must, there is no gain in migration.

Thought of moving to D2H...but for that i need to purchase 2 STBs with PVR...Capital amount is very high ... the difference is that i would end up in paying appx 75 - 100 PM when compared to D2H but i cant fetch Rs. 13,000 upfront capital cost for the purchase of 2 HD PVR box...

For me the first priority came to me if i wanted to divorce TS is the upfront capital investment...Secondly no matter what others say...i have received the best Customer SErvice from TS...if i have any need with respect to service i can get a Ts representative maximum in a day ... i am not confident in getting the same Customer Service with others...this is the other reason i am sticking with TS....

I am a TS customer right from the first month it was launched. Fortunately, I never faced any hardware or loss of service problem, hence no service visit was asked by me. I had a couple of issues over a period - one related to loss of some channels when packages were changed on the advise of TS executive. I got free viewing of the 2 channels for two months. A second issue was the installation of HD which I booked on a special one day offer of Rs 2000, minus exchange price of 500 fro the old TS+ stb. This needed some follow up and was installed after one month.I have not a lost a single day due to loss of transmission (except rain related hiccups for less than fifteen minutes). I will not ditch TS unless there is a channel which I cannot do without and not offered by TS.

Which one is better in case of "HD" Airtel/TS ?? :Confuzzled:
I have both. And I can say both have their plus and minus.
Airtel have few more HD channels like Movies Now and Ten HD, which are not present in Tata Sky. But if we want to go for all available HD channels in either of these 2 providers, TataSky proves beneficial with its Rs 100 for HD channels compared to Rs 170 at Airtel.

We need to keep watch on how channels are added/removed by these 2 operators in coming days.

If I am not wrong, airtel has declared that they will stop star cricket HD /ESPN HD.So make ur choices knowing this fact.

I am a TS customer right from the first month it was launched. Fortunately, I never faced any hardware or loss of service problem, hence no service visit was asked by me. I had a couple of issues over a period - one related to loss of some channels when packages were changed on the advise of TS executive. I got free viewing of the 2 channels for two months. A second issue was the installation of HD which I booked on a special one day offer of Rs 2000, minus exchange price of 500 fro the old TS+ stb. This needed some follow up and was installed after one month.

I have not a lost a single day due to loss of transmission (except rain related hiccups for less than fifteen minutes). I will not ditch TS unless there is a channel which I cannot do without and not offered by TS.

I have been with Ts since the month they have launched....

I had couple of issues:

1. Some cable guy played with my account since TS published my Customer ID no in newspaper about my appreciation mail to them...it was well handled by TS & Co....
2. When i purchased TS HD+ there was a small problem in the hardware for which they changed my TS HD+ STBs 3 -4 times to provide me that right one...

If I am not wrong, airtel has declared that they will stop star cricket HD /ESPN HD.

So make ur choices knowing this fact.

Why so?

Why?? How do I know?Plus I dont have HD tv/stb and hence I have not bothered to know.

My TS subscription is coming to an end in mid-January. I have one HD PVR and 3 Normal STBs. I called up the D2H guys to enquire ..Sadly the math does work out for me to switch to D2H as it involves addition capital expenditure of around 12K..where as the subscription fee saving is of only around 1.5K.Hopefully TS will soon start adding channels in Jan-13.

^^
Once TS gets GSAT 10 from ISRO they would start adding the channels....

I think TS would get GSAT before end of the month from 1st Jan they should start to add more Channels especially some Malayalam and HD channels...

Why?? How do I know?

Plus I dont have HD tv/stb and hence I have not bothered to know.

My question to you

1. Why they are removing those channels

2. how come you got this info..