Low SNR margin value?

• Thread starter Thread starter Teofredo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 7,846

Teofredo

ISP
Airtel
Hi,I have an Airtel 4 Mbit DSL plan with Beetel 110 TC1 modem. Every day the connection drops. This is the status of the modem, do you see any irregularities in the values? The upstream SNR margin of 6.6 is too low, isn't it? Thank you! SNR MarginDownstream: 27.1 dbUpstream: 6.6 dbLine AttenuationDownstream: 19.1 dbUpstream: 13.4 db Data RateDownstream: 6272 kbpsUpstream: 1105 kbpsAttainable RateDownstream: 16916 kbpsUpstream: 1101 kbpsOut PowerDownstream: 18.9 dbmUpstream: 11.3 dbm

The connection drops because they've set the upload at more than what is attainable. Either get the Line changed or reduce upload to 800kbps.

Thank you for the advise! But again, an SNR margin of 6.6 db upload is of no concern? Or does this indicate that the wiring needs to be checked?

But again, an SNR margin of 6.6 db upload is of no concern?
Yes, there is a problem. Please complain to Airtel about your frequent disconnections.

i to have an airtel broadband connection of 16mbps but it seems that something is wrong...i get error msg of dns server not found or network get disconnects on its own and if not disconnects there is a fluctuation in speed plz help

upstream downstream
snr margin 110 59
attenuation 60 145
attainable rate 22,152 19,432

Hi
I have D-Link 2750u modem. I want yo know my SNR value but when I checked line parameters in modem it shows:
Downstream value 240
Upstream value 140

How to calculate SNR?