BSNL Bangalore Broadband !!

• Thread starter Thread starter venkiram
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,208

venkiram

ISP
BSNL
Dear All,I have got the new Broadband connection in Bangalore with DSL Modem(D-Link 2520) , i Have configured the same with PPPOe and it is working fine, but i need to configure my D-link 615 Wifi Router !! i configured the Wifi Router with Dynamic IP Settings and My PC is connection to Wifi and not getting internet connection, Can any one help me with Wifi Router settings !! Thanks in Advance !! Cheers 🙂

Did you try with D-Link's setup CD?

No, Actually i did it with web Browser i'm in doubt of Wifi settings only. If i configure the ADSL in Modem in PPPOe mode and what settings i have to keep for Wifi Router ??

You must disable DHCP in one device. Have you set up the cable connections properly? Have look at your router manual & try the CD first. Then, if it doesn't work, let us know.

Yes,DHCP is off in Wifi and ON in ADSL , is there any difference between CD and Web both are same i guess !! all the cables are connected properly >> ADSL Model LAN port to Wifi WAN Port

This is from the manual.1. Place the router in an open and central location. Do not plug the power adapter into the router.2. Turn the power off on your modem. If there is no on/off switch, then unplug the modem’s power adapter. Shut downyour computer.3. Unplug the Ethernet cable (that connects your computer to your modem) from your computer and place it into theInternet port on the router.4. Plug an Ethernet cable into one of the four LAN ports on the router. Plug the other end into the Ethernet port onyour computer.5. Turn on or plug in your modem. Wait for the modem to boot (about 30 seconds).6. Plug the power adapter to the router and connect to an outlet or power strip. Wait about 30 seconds for the routerto boot.7. Turn on your computer.8. Verify the link lights on the router. The power light, Internet light, and the LAN light (the port that your computer isplugged into) should be lit. If not, make sure your computer, modem, and router are powered on and verify the cableconnections are correct.Then you try the wizard.