Any Body Can Dance

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
good god. bollywood now is getting its own dance based movie.

[video=youtube;qLZC67-NfOI]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLZC67-NfOI&feature=em-uploademail[/video]

From India's biggest film studio, UTV Motion Pictures, and renowned choreographer & director, Remo D'souza comes India's first dance film in 3D -- a spectacular entertainer that proves yet again that if you dare to dream, impossible is nothing!

i wonder how soon before we get our own Glee type television show.

balajik

Regular
Regulars
Jul 14, 2005
Chennai
They will probably lift the story/scenes from the "Step Up" series. Three or four years back, there was a tamil movie about a bank heist. The creators and actors were proudly saying that it's the first tamil movie which deals with a bank heist. I checked a few scenes when it aired on TV. I noticed they lifted the story/scenes from the Bank Job, Ocean's thirteen. They should have just said that it's the first tamil movie which copied from bank heist movies.India's first dance film? Kamal Hassan acted in a couple of movies in the 80's. One was Sagara Sangamam (telugu original), Salangai Oli (tamil dubbed). The theme was classical dance. He later acted in a Tamil movie called Punnagai Mannan which had western dance as the theme. Punnagai Mannan actually started off where Maro Charitra (Telugu original), Ek Tuje Ke Liye (Hindi remake) left off - Kamal and his lover committing suicide by jumping down the cliff into the water falls. It had superb music from Ilaiyaraja. Incidentally, A R Rahman played the keyboard for Illaiyaraja for that movie.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I am not sure i want to see 2 hours of dancing in 3D.

and they are well calling it the first india 3D dance movie :D

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
haha. not a 3D movie and it was more of a musical than a dance based movie even though the title :p

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
I doubt it will only be all dance in the movie :confused: . People will be happier watching the dance reality shows on TV.

rvisharma

viva la vida
Regulars
Jun 29, 2011
Rohini | Delhi
Just saw the trailer, one location was gr8 - Dhobi Ghaat!!Dance india dance walo ki placement ho gyi :DJust saw the trailer, one location was gr8 - Dhobi Ghaat!!Dance india dance walo ki placement ho gyi :D

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
India's first dance film? Kamal Hassan acted in a couple of movies in the 80's. One was Sagara Sangamam (telugu original), Salangai Oli (tamil dubbed). The theme was classical dance. He later acted in a Tamil movie called Punnagai Mannan which had western dance as the theme. Punnagai Mannan actually started off where Maro Charitra (Telugu original), Ek Tuje Ke Liye (Hindi remake) left off - Kamal and his lover committing suicide by jumping down the cliff into the water falls. It had superb music from Ilaiyaraja. Incidentally, A R Rahman played the keyboard for Illaiyaraja for that movie.
Sagara Sangamam is one of my fav movies of all time :D

Also there was news that Prabhu Deva was involved in this project ..guess its Remo now.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Hm... Not sure if admin added video later. But Prabhu deva is acting in the movie as seen in the promo. Remo must be behind the scenes.

IndianMascot

Addicts
Regulars
Jun 17, 2011
Hm... Not sure if admin added video later. But Prabhu deva is acting in the movie as seen in the promo. Remo must be behind the scenes.

It looks like I saw him too but with a different hair style. Also saw other choreographers like ganesh into the promo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IBF Apps 0
IBF Movies 1
IBF Movies 0
IBF Television 7
IBF Television 59