Recommend A Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter neosmart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,448

neosmart

Hi GuysHave been a Sify user for some time and I need to get rid of that crappy service very soon before I get out of my mind. I have almost fully decided that I will be switching to MTNL.Can you guys help me choose what plan I should take. I am a moderate (ocassionally heavy) downloader and would like to be online 24/7. From the MTNL tariff on the site I see that the DSL NU (TriB 590 NU) is the only unlimited plan. Should I go for this or do you guys have a better opinion. Also, whats up with this -- neccassarily switch OFF and ON the ADSL modem before and after free night unlimited period --. What would happen if I forget to do this or are there any workarounds for this feature. Thanks in advance and Best WishesNeo Smart

how many MBs do u use?if abt 900mb then best to use NU plan.if between 700 and 900mb then dsl 399and so on!u can make simple calculations based to that and choose ur plan.

If u are in mumbai 590NU is the best option available. If you are in delhi they have unlimited 256kbps connection @949/month.There are many workarounds available for switching the router off and on as per free NU time, just do a little search and you will surely find many options for that on this forum.Enjoy! 🙂

590nu is best only if u download a lot. not otherwise. it all depends on how muchdata u download.

590 nu if ye want to d/l stuff (monthly data of 1 GB n night 12 to 8 is free speed: 256)599 if u want killer wellalomost killer speed (data : 1gb speed 512 kbps)popular choice is 590 NU!

and for killer speed and killer amount of download.. go forDSL premium ..2000+ Kbps speed.Unlimited no of HRs!Unlimited uploadswhopping 70 thousand MBs download free!!!AND 10 free email addresses!!!PS. just 43 KRs a month!😛

Thanks very much guys. You people have been of great help. Some of you have asked how much I download. Well, I have to be online during daytime for my work. And, if I do get down to get something from the net, invariably its is a movie. So even as I get 2 movies a week, that should calculate to as much as 2 GB a week (including my code and other downloads). I do most of my downloads at night time and keep my PC ON for a major part of the time. So my data transfer is close to "a lot" I guess. So 590NU it is then !!!@ imranais -- Brother, I am in mumbai so 590NU is the only option for my kind of a downloader. Although 256kbps@949/month looks as mouth watering as my Mom's cooked food 😉 @ Amish -- Brother, I dont even earn 43k a month 😛 😛. But this should be worth keeping in my wish list for the future 😉

QUOTE(Neo Smart @ Oct 26 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]66734[/snapback]
@ Amish -- Brother, I dont even earn 43k a month 😛 😛. [/b]

Unfortunately nor do we. 🙁 🙁

sigh....

ya nor do me.... 🙁 🙁 I want unlimited 2Mbps connection for 1000Rs./month thats in my wish list, believe me its available in some countries for less than 1000 bucks, India would also get there oneday, hum honge kaamyab ekdin, oh ho mann hai wishwas poora hai wishwas... 🙂

@ imranais -- Brother, my boss in London uses a 2Mbps connections. Says he usually gets a download speed of around 150-200 kB/s stable. Thats an MB every 5-8 seconds :blink: . I just hope India would get up there some day. @ akash / Dante -- My best guess is that a 2 Mbps connection might be for companies where they can share this connection over their nwetwork. Single user can just look at it with jaws wide open. Best Regards to allNeo Smart

Neo Smart brother, u are talking about ur boss, my Indian friends settled in London use a 2Mbps connection at their home and when they come on vacation they criticise India so much, till few years back we were using Dial Up, they used to laugh at me. 🙁No we have 256 with almost all internet users, they still laugh but I am sure India will also get 2Mbps connection someday but I guess then London would have a more higher speed... 🙁

Imran bhai. I hope you are right on this -- India would stand up technologically very soon in this area. Just imagine I was talking to my boss discussing about our connections once. He told me about his connection (the 2Mbps one like I said before both at the office and his home) and asked me about mine. You should have seen his reaction when I told him I was using a 64kbps connection. Cheer embarrasing 🙁 . The first thing I did was upgrade to 256 just for name sake. Did not help me much with the speed (after all, I had Sify!!) but I had something to show.Warm RegardsNeo Smart