Please share Pros and Cons of Airtel Broadband!!

hi, i am heavy downloader and going to choose a airtel as my ISP....some of their plans are good like max30-899-30 gb(2 mbps)......so would like to know about your valuble word before ordering.......and is airtel gonna upgrade our speeds phase wise for free?

my answer would be no.

hi,
i am heavy downloader and going to choose a airtel as my ISP....some of their plans are good like max30-899-30 gb(2 mbps)......so would like to know about your valuble word before ordering.......and is airtel gonna upgrade our speeds phase wise for free?
30 GB is not heavy downloading. I spend like 15 GB per month for regular browsing, watching trailers, previews on youtube, listening to podcasts etc.

actually i am in uncovered area of airtel broadband according to their site but when i enquired locally in airtel store,they said airtel broadband is available....

30 GB is not heavy downloading. I spend like 15 GB per month for regular browsing, watching trailers, previews on youtube, listening to podcasts etc.

currently i am using a reliance netconnect+ 1300-15gb(3.1 mbps) plan....and i got fuped yesterday and today is expiry date.....so i think 30 gb is more than enough for me

http://www.airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/About%20Bharti%20Airtel/bharti+airtel/media+centre/bharti+airtel+news/telemedia/bharti-airtel-raises-the-bar-again-customer-experience-and-value-with-launch-of-new-high-speed

airtel announced this few days back...all customers get 1mbps minimum speed.......so what do you say?

I understand that 30GB suits your downloading needs just fine. I was just saying 30 GB is not heavy downloading as your proclaimed yourself to be in your opening post. 🙂

pros: uptimeCons:Crap FUP Capping of speeds to crap levelsNo plans without FUPFor some people who are into downloading FUP is automatically exhausted even without using itkeep calling you for more than a year if you leave their connection.To new customers they will take u for a ride to make u buy their crappy phones and modems saying we can't provide connection without it....Pings not good either not the best connection to play online games huge lag and bad upload speeds to make it worse.Fake offer calls from airtel marketing dept. calming the plan is specially for you without FUP but it actually turns out to have worse FUP than the one u are on.Last but not the least non caring airtel management, who don't give a.....about what their customers want and end up loosing good customers to other ISPs.

Hi,I have been a satisfied customer of TATA-WIMAX since 2010 but plans are bit expensive if you wanna choose high speed plans in comparison with airtel Actually i"ll choose between tubo 15gb or fibernet15gbNever been customer of airtel so looking for your inputs 🙂Thnks Cheers ;P

Pros: (based on my experience with Airtel for more than 7 years)
Speeds as promised.
99.9% uptime.
Prompt service.

Cons:
Data capping and FUP.
Expensive tariff plans and smartbytes.

^ +1.Yeah - DNS forcibly redirects you to the smartbytes page when you reach 80% of your data allowance. This redirect continues at random till the next billing cycle. This WILL kill any download. Just making you aware of things. But still, Airtel is a very valid option.

As on datePros :They are pros in telling their countless cons as prosCons :Finally you will feel conned once you take their BBYou are in delhi so go for mtnl. They are not bad everywhere, in my area they are very good.