Please share Pros and Cons of Airtel Broadband!!

The OP said that he was looking at 4 or 8 mbps.

@chromenc i read your article thnks m shocked to read that if i choose to a 4/8 mbps plan they will still limit torrent speed as they like????what a joke reason iam shifting with more speed is i want my torrent end fast...nd if they restrict torrents speed what a waste of money and as u wrote 10am to 10pm speed is very low so if i have 4mbps plan what speed practically i"ll get??what u say?i need your advise

torrent throttling has sort of changed in the recent times. lots of people are not facing it at all. some are still getting it. in any case, torrents are not blocked at night time.

if i have 4mbps plan what speed practically i"ll get in day according to your airtel experience?

If you have a 4mbps plan, you will see torrents downloading at 4mbps.

airtel usually gives more speed on their plans. i used to get 4.5mbps regularly on my 4mbps account. though it might not be possible on 8/16mbps plans.and i also said that things have changed a bit in the recent months wrt torrent downloads. i did not see torrent throttling during my last days on airtel. lots of other people are reporting the same. but i cannot promise that it would not happen to you. so be prepared for throttling between 8am and 10pm. torrent speeds should be fine between 10pm and 8am though. it might also work well for the complete day if you are a bit lucky.

I wonder how ISPs can throttle traffic based on protocol? I can understand them throttling all traffic but how do they manage to curb only torrents especially when encryption is enabled?

Probably because torrent traffic can be easily distinguished from other forms of traffic? And they do not care about legal downloads.