Broadband plan not changed

Ankit Dayal

Regular
ISP
MTNL Freedom 995
Hi,I have been trying to get my broadband plan changed from Freedom 995 to Freedom 1295 but without any success. It all started in the month of August when I first called 1500 and asked them to change my plan, which they assured me would change in a couple of days. When I called them after a few days they told me that my plan had been changed. Although the change of plan did not reflect on their Self Care Web page (register.bol.net.in) and moreover my BB speed got reduced to 512 kbps after crossing the limit of 20 GB. If my plan had indeed changed my BB speed would have changed only after crossing 35 GB. Thereafter, I called 1500 and narrated my plaint to them and they still insisted that the plan change was reflected on their system. Then they asked me to call 1504 and told me that those people would help me. When I called 1504 those people asked me to call 1500 and so the blame game continued. Seeing no end to my problem, I called 1500 and asked them to change my plan back to Freedom 995. Last Sunday, two months after my initial attempt at changing the plan, I again called 1500 and asked them to get me on Freedom 1295 plan hoping that this time things would be different. But there seems to be no respite in sight. Just now I had a chat with 1500 and again they told me that my plan was changed on 21st November. Contrary to their claims, my BB speed has again reduced to 512 kbps after crossing 20 GB limit. 1500 people are insistent that my plan has changed. I have been using MTNL broadband since 2005 and have got my plan changed many times before without ever facing any issues. I am unable to understand where the real problem is? Why is my plan not changing even after they are making the changes from their end? Could someone tell me who I should contact to get my problem resolved?

Try deadsl@bol.net.in

Go here and check what plan it shows: CUSTOMER WEB SELF CARE

For me also, I had changed the plan for 999 to Freedom 800. It was changed in the billing system but the plan details weren't updated by the concerned department. I called 1504 and told them to do it and also wrote an email to deadsl and it was done in 1-2 days.

Try deadsl@bol.net.in

Go here and check what plan it shows: CUSTOMER WEB SELF CARE

For me also, I had changed the plan for 999 to Freedom 800. It was changed in the billing system but the plan details weren't updated by the concerned department. I called 1504 and told them to do it and also wrote an email to deadsl and it was done in 1-2 days.

Yes, it is still showing my BB plan as Freedom 995. I have sent an email to deadsl@bol.net.in, let's see what happens. Hoping for the best!

Thank you, guys, for helping me out.

Update: The plan has been changed to Freedom 1295 combo within a couple of hours of sending that email.