How to get MTNL Broadband connection disconnected/terminated?

• Thread starter Thread starter striker4540
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 39,338

striker4540

ISP
MTNL
Hi guyz,im from mumbai suburbs...i have been using mtnl triband since 2009,and now im really bored with it,im on ul-749 (832k-1mbps)no down time, no problem what-so-ever with the connection......since 2009.should i keep it or change it.....buffering for pathetic 320p...480p videos kills the fun for watching itAnd downloading my own steam/origin library is a horror.So guyz my questions.....1.What are the steps for terminating my connection .....what should i keep in mind....which loop holes should i plug so that my connection gets quickly terminated. 2.do i need to submit the mtnl modem at the time i give the termination order.3.which isp should i opt for in terms of sheer speed...?(Airtel,Reliance,Tikona)4.What is the general duration in which my connection gets terminated.(3~7~10 days)Suppose i give them the order and ask them to terminate the connection by 30-nov would it be done?

lol. Stay away from airtel and tikona. Reliance have good plans, but the bigger question is availability in your area.If rcom isn't present, its best to stick with mtnl and move to a 2mbps plan.

all isp are present in my area...mumbai suburbs(santacruz-w)....
and what about the mtnl questions...?
If all ISPs are available in your area then take Fivenet, best Plan is 10Mbps yes you heard me Right ten Mbps for Rs.2000 incl tax without any FUP, best Plan in Mumbai for home use.🙂

only fivenet is not avaliable...they told me that next year they might put down plans for suburbs next year...!checked out reliance plans...they are amazing...i might for them....will contact them tomorrow and let you know guyz...!and what this threads questions????

There are no loopholes. Go to the CSC and get your connection terminated. They'll created a work order and your kind will be disconnected in less than a week at the most. If the modem had been taken on on rent it has to be returned. Security deposit if any, will be given back to you.

I had terminated the mtnl broad band last year in June 2011.Steps:Take all your equipment including splitter/cable etc along with modem.Write a letter by real owner of phone number stating that you want to only surrender the broadband services. (2 copies)go to your exchange.find the right person who accepts such application.That person will check the billing and sign and then tell you to take a exit interview with a GM of MTNLIn the exit interviw with GM, GM will ask you questions why you are surrendering this and now which IPS will you use.He will also check indirectly, if you are not having a criminal record or you look like one .He will check you billing history.And then will sign on the paper.If all things work fine, you have to show that signed letter to the exchange where you would be asked to submit the equipments.The store keeper will check if all things (equipment) are working fine.Then he will sign and give you a receipt stating it is cancelled.Hope this is fineI am talking this story of Mumbai Suburb.

@popcorn today i went to the CSC...asked them about the termination,this was being told to me:1.meet gm take his sign2.submit equipment take their sign3.submit the application in the csc officerconnection will be terminated in 2~3 days after that.Gonna do that tomorrow...!