Reliance Leased Line - HORRIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,This is my first post in IBF. We recently purchased a Reliance leased line for our datacenter in Pune alongwith TATA.Lets see why Reliance leased line sucks - 1. Setup time - As you may know, datacenters use BGP for setting up a redundant network. Reliance required nearly 30 days to setup BGP on their end , when it should not take more than 2 days. 2. Downtime - Then, Reliance went down for 7 days in September and 5 days in October (in October, entire Maharashtra network was down according to them).Total outages in 2 months = 14Total amount of downtime in 2 months = 20.83%Total uptime = 79.17%This is the amount of actual uptime, when they have an SLA of 99.5% uptime. 3. Speed - On a 1:1 leased line, we used to get only 75% of subscribed speed. This issue was accepted by them but never resolved. Even broadband rules by Indian law state minimum 80% speed. 4. Billing - According to SLA document sent by Reliance and accepted by us, SLA is calculated as per calendar month and provided in next billing cycle (for us, billing cycle is monthly, so next month). 2 months after signing this document, their executive informs us that this is wrong and SLA is calculated quarterly and credit will be given in next quarter. 5. Support - For support, you need to login to their horrible Portal and create a trouble ticket. While creating the ticket, you need to enter Name, Email and Phone. If they need all these details, why do you need to login ? Don't they already have these details ? Then after creating the trouble ticket, you need to email the trouble ticket number to their techdesk email address as well as the local tech's persona email address and the sales person's email address. If you do not do this, you will not receive ticket updates. ---------So, don't use Reliance leased lines unless you want to keep banging your head against the wall. TATA gives you the same speed/price and it has never gone down. We have also signed up with Airtel and will have it shortly in our network.

is this law : Even broadband rules by Indian law state minimum 80% speed. i asked here to subhash , he said there is no such law ...

is this law : Even broadband rules by Indian law state minimum 80% speed.
i asked here to subhash , he said there is no such law ...

Q 4. What is the permissible minimum Broadband speed limit?
A. As per the regulation on “Quality of Service standards for Broadband Services” issued by TRAI on 6th May, 2006, a subscriber should get minimum 80% of the subscribed broadband connection speed from ISP Node to user.

Frequently Asked Question - Consumer Info: Telecom Regulation Authority of India

well that's the thing... it is a regulation that say should. bsnl guys joked on my face when i talked about this policy. their statement was... trai to bahut kuch kahta hai...

well that's the thing... it is a regulation that say should. bsnl guys joked on my face when i talked about this policy. their statement was... trai to bahut kuch kahta hai...

Yes, but my point is they couldn't provide it for Leased lines where we pay 30-40 times what people pay for broadband.

well leased lines have their own SLAs which should state how much speed is guaranteed at any given time. and leased lines are expected to be as close to 100% of advertised speeds as possible considering it is a freaking leased line 😀 with no sharing on the pipe!

here most of user get more speed ....then mention in plan so how this possible ......???????and Leased Line are premium customer so ...how this ?

Well i will disagree on most of the points OP raised.1. Downtime:- with reliance lease line never faced downtime of over an hour and that too very rarely in the period of 4 years.2. Speed:- Always got what was signed in the agreement.3. Support:- They have a dedicated number for leased line customers and persons answering the calls are technically sound to solve the issues.I was on 48mbps line.

you disagree? OP raised issues he faced. you can say that your experiences were different. but you cannot really disagree with his points 😀

As i have mentioned the support thing, it is clear he is not following the proper course of action for his problems and hence facing the problems

Well i will disagree on most of the points OP raised.
1. Downtime:- with reliance lease line never faced downtime of over an hour and that too very rarely in the period of 4 years.
2. Speed:- Always got what was signed in the agreement.
3. Support:- They have a dedicated number for leased line customers and persons answering the calls are technically sound to solve the issues.

I was on 48mbps line.

Did you use it as part of a BGP ?
Have you used their Maharashtra network ?
Have you used their Pune support ?

you disagree? OP raised issues he faced. you can say that your experiences were different. but you cannot really disagree with his points 😀

True. Experiences can vary location to location.

As i have mentioned the support thing, it is clear he is not following the proper course of action for his problems and hence facing the problems

The process I have mentioned above is written in the Escalation Matrix provided by them.

Your points may have been valid if you are talking to an irate broadband customer, but we have been in the datacenter business for last 6 years and this is the first time we have faced such horrible service. We also use TATA in the same BGP network and there has been 0 downtime as well as no support issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.