You cannot have more than 9 connections in your name ! How to disconnected old prepaids ?

ISP
BSNL
A customers cannot hold more than 9 connections from all service providers in a single name in a services area/telecom circle. That is the new rule. Fair enough.

But here is the problem... How do I disconnect my prepaid connection ?

The unwritten rule to my knowledge is that if a customer has no balance or makes no recharge for a specific amount or has no incoming or outgoing call, his connection is automatically disconnected.

Well I have had mobile connections which was not disconnected in spite of having no specified balance, in spite of not making required recharge and no calls were made or came through. It was just old connections, the sim which I had not thrown away. When I tried them, it was intact and many a time I have reused them. I wont say every connection has been like that, but many times it has worked. Since it was beneficial to me, I did not have a problem with that.

Now I have a problem because the new rule says I cannot have more than 9 and when I take a new connection how do I ensure that my old connection - prepaid - is disconnected ?

Since I am the one who goes out to get a connection, many of the connections for my own family are in my name and I do change the connection once or twice year if the service is poor or if I can get a good offer on a new connection.

Now, under these rules it would be a problem for me if my old connections which I had not been using have not been disconnected by my provider.

How do I disconnect my prepaid connection without having to wait for it get disconnected as and when the operator feels so?

I've talked to Airtel once to get my prepaid disconnected. They said that sir please destroy the SIM and if for a continuous period of 2 months you don't use it, it'll get disconnected. I may be miss remembering though...😉

Atleast 2-3 companies, I think Airtel & Vodafone are among them have confirmed that unused numbers for more than 3 months would be recycled.

@broadband_user Can you please provide the link of the source of your post? I failed on Google.

not true ...reliance giving family plan ...which offers u 10+ connection ....... in same plan one bill

Thats postpaid mate...here he is talking about prepaid.

Thats postpaid mate...here he is talking about prepaid.
yeah sorry ... but its not same ..?
both have different guideline ?

@broadband_user Can you please provide the link of the source of your post? I failed on Google.

Actually I also could not get an exact news on Google. However this was published as ad in Malayala Manorama News Paper in Kochi and and the new rules are also pasted outside many of the mobile shops.

However here is a link to another site which has provided a news with this regard. http://***********.info/mobile-number-crunch-dot-put-cap-mobile-connections-individual-to-nine/102398/

Oh! This link leads to a competitor site so the link is banned !

zerosleeping said:
Point No. 1 at the footnote in the PDF. No will be recycled in 60days

The COAI / AUSPI advert was flashed in major newspapers. Here is a photo of the same. Apologies about the resolution, I currently don't have access to a scanner.

Thanks. Strangely this info is not available much on the Internet !

@ Sabir bhai I know the site name, But Sushubh already requested that Please don't post any articles from any blogs.... and Don't post any blog links...

@broadband_user - Not because of competitor. But because of ... well, I will let others say as to why...@amar - Yup, even I had done it 3-4 years ago & I was literally scratching my head as to why the website name was being converted into all asterisks (I was thinking if some virus in my PC ... lol)