You cannot have more than 9 connections in your name ! How to disconnected old prepaids ?

Sorry. I did not know which links should not be linked... anyway since it is automatically blocked so I hope that would not be a problem.

Meanwhile I really find it strange that this appears only on Newspaper ad given by companies and not even on TRAI website and customer handbook... at least I could not get this info!

Anyway getting back to the issue I was talking about... getting the old connections disconnected... all the companies are not really adhering to disconnecting when not in use or at least not on all sims... at least that is my experience. However the issue is should the customer not have an option to disconnect a prepaid connection ?! I feel the customer should have an option to do disconnect his prepaid without even having to wait for whatever period they have suggested.

Technically if one reads the fine prints... at least when I read it once long ago... the sim belongs to the service provider and we are supposed to return them !

Not exactly.. I think prepaid sim is property of the subscriber but number is not, thats why word subscriber being used for owner of the number.. However when we apply for a number actually we are subscribing and getting some sort of license type authority to use that numbet as long as we want or the provider let us do. Anyone with better understanding can elaborate more on this.

Did it not occur to you as to why connections is limited to 9 ?? Is it not a strange number ? Why did they not make it to 10 just to round off ?!It is then what someone here mentioned hit my head ... Reliance allows up to 10 connections to be on the same bill ! Did someone who really wanted to tickle Reliance put this strange figure of 9 ? :silly:

It maybe that TRAI/Other Authorities database can link single digit no of accounts. so they can't goto 2 digit starting from 10

What happens if someone misused our id proof to take connection.? How can I get the details of numbers issued on my name.?

It is possible that people may misuse our id. We have to try to write while self attesting, example "Id Proof for Reliance connection 0000000000" where the number is the phone number of the connection we are taking. While for opening a Bank account, "Id proof for opening State Bank Account 21/11/2012." This will reduce the misuse, but there is no guarantee. In spite of all these exercises, the real terrorists will always find newer methods. Yes the number of people who may misuse and the possibility can be reduced. With all the precaution, ordinary small time cheats or just anybody and everybody will not be able to misuse.

If any TRAI people or big wigs are reading this, I have a suggestion to make life easier for ordinary people and also make things safer from security perspective.Let them make it compulsory to take a live photo of - the person who is filling the form and collecting the sim - using a webcam, which should then be uploaded to the operator's server immediately. We can also use old biometrics ... let the person who is collecting make thumb impression also!