• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,970
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem456

ISP
BSNL
Why won't they update their tariff plans? They still charge bullcrap prices like 2950 that too for a FUPE'D connection.. Even after reliance introduced their cheap THUNDER plans, tata hasn't replied to it yet..even companies like airtel have better plans than TATA.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2w1wm8l.jpg

Granted, tata has got one of the best pings there is due to the fact it being one of the only tier-1 networks, but doesn't that mean it should provide cheaper high-speed plans too?
I saw their plans , and I think the main reason the price is so high is coz of the useless "Value added services" which are bundled with it..like free domain name, anti virus, and 3x email ID's etc etc.. Not every 1mbps customer wants a domain name, and almost everyone already has an antivirus anyways..and why would a residential customer even want 3x email ID's? are these plans meant for SME's or for individuals?

SMEs. I guess that's why, though I've heard they offer special plans to residential users that aren't mentioned on the website. Ask your local sales guy, maybe ?

Found a sales guy's number stuck on a power-box just beside my house..called him up and he says metro E is the same thing as DSL ..wtf? he told me that if I want a fibre connection then i'll have to opt for the higher speed plans(5mbps+)^I asked him about metro E since it's available in my area but acc to this guy i can't have it..I didn't ask him for any residential plans though, all he told me was the plans which are shown on the website..that's all :/

Fibre comes free if you apply for the high speed plans..if I get lightning 10 mbps I can get fibre but it costs around 3500 which is too high, and the 5mbps unlimited(with FUP) plan is 9500 which is also too much. Guess we'll have to see and wait because everyone in tata is affected by their crappy high prices..the only merit i could say about this is this is the only wireline broadband in my area, and the pings are quite good, even better than airtel, not sure about reliance though.

That's tata docomo, they and tata communications(formely VSNL) are kinda different, i'm not sure if both the companies are same..but i'll still give it a try. Thanks!

Home broadband has been rebranded. Try calling CC from your landline. It'll say welcome to Tata DoCoMo.

Really?! i never knew, is there any source on this?
Calling their CC number..all i hear is an endless music tune...

Source ? Well, I'd been to a friend's house a few days back. He has a ttml line, only for broadband, so he has gotten the outgoing calls disabled. If one attempts an outgoing call it says that this facility isn't available on your DoCoMo number.

CC picked up but they have no idea about the docomo broadband..all they were talking about was about their cellular services 😵
I dialed the CC number specified on their website:- 1860-266-5555

Source ? Well, I'd been to a friend's house a few days back. He has a ttml line, only for broadband, so he has gotten the outgoing calls disabled. If one attempts an outgoing call it says that this facility isn't available on your DoCoMo number.

your friend lives in Pune? I doubt that docomo is available in Pune 🙁

EDIT: Live chat says that tata photon is the one responsible for broadband..called their CC and now they're saying CC is down, call later..

Dear Customer,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you. You can also go to the following link - Tata DOCOMO Chat to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.

Guyz, i live in pune and i am using tata docomo broadband line without landline.I am using 512 kbps unlimited at 572 rs + taxesAnd when i took this plan 1 year ago i also had option of 1 mbps at something 990 and 2 mbps at 1350.And few days ago when reliance launched there new plans i contacted docomo by mail and asked them if they have better plans for me then they offered me the plans of both tata and tata docomo. But since new plans of both weren't any better than what i am using right now so i sticked to it.

@ganesh177 where in Pune? do you have phone number of the salesperson there? or the phone number of CC? would really appreciate it..

Dear Customer,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you. You can also go to the following link - Tata DOCOMO Chat to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.

I'm not a docomo customer, i'm a tata communications customer..if you offer broadband in my area then please PM me.

Dear Customer,

Could you please let us know your exact query. You can mail your details at social@tatadocomomarketing.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO

Status
Not open for further replies.