Non-payment of Bills

I was on an annual HomeCombo 6000 plan of BSNL. My subscription was to be renewed from October. Instead of surrendering the line, i thought of using it too much and not paying the bill which would get my line disconnected and i would move to Alliance. Two days ago the bill came of Rs.19836(including the 6000rs of annual subscription). I recently came to know that if you dont pay the bills,BSNL may file a legal case against you and force you to pay and not just leave it at disconnection and termination of account. Is it true? If in the odd chance i have to pay them, is there any way to reduce the bill amount by pleading with the AOTR? What powers do the AOTR have? Please help.

Bah ! You deserve to pay the entire amount.

1. Just fill an application to AO in local bsnl Exchange office. 2. They will first make your bill correct. Also out of 6000 rs. will be deducted from account for the remaining period after disconnection.3. So, after getting final corrected bill, put an application of billing amount reduction to the BSNL, as you don't have any info how bill reach that much.4. DO it after you have corrected all amount info.If nothing happens, just wait & have a copy of application you given for bill rebate. 5. May be BSNL will send you legal notice, ( Its nothing just a scare to submit amount).6. After you get notice by bsnl go to : Telephone Adalat's : that take place time to time 7. Tell there, what is wrong in billing by BSNL, also BSNL not correcting bills. Generally it is seen that in most cases BSNL ask to pay marely 10-20 % of the billed amount to end the issue. Its all wait & watch policy to get out of such situation. Whenever you get chance to speak against BSNL, go with full force. These telecom's do give uneven bills to people to get their hard earned money in their own pocket.When last time BSNL given me bills around ~4k. I resolved the matter by going to BSNL AO, then Instead of paying 4k, I got my 119 Rs. from BSNL through cheque.Just fight & their is always win win for customer.

^dude ! Have you even read the op ?

If you are referring to me. I have stated if its just bill correction then they way to get out.

Also

If he cannot pay that much, he can take some other way to get out. Nothing illegal to go to Telephone Adalat's.

Also, given the fact that the usage has occurred at regular times (not during nu period), I'm pretty sure that the AO won't entertain you. But, sadly, bsnl doesn't care about non payment, and you won't have to a penny, which kinda sucks IMO 🙁It'd been pretty awesome had the company in question been airtel or reliance.

He intentionally used excess data, very well knowing that he would be charged for that. That is not right on his part and is illegal.

He intentionally used excess data, very well knowing that he would be charged for that. That is not right on his part and is illegal.

even by knowing, that he used so much intentionally , He can plea in Telephone Adalat that he is not able to pay such huge amount. Also 19K for data , You seriously think its ok. Think my friend, 19K for data is huge even for someone getting healthy package of salary.

highly he has to pay for Unlimited plan for the speed he used data in my view & that does not matter here. What are your thoughts ?

The question isn't whether 19k is huge or not. It is a matter of principle. Something like one using a credit card, intentionally spending more than one can afford, and then trying to escape the bill, despite being completely aware of the consequences of doing so. Sounds like fraud to me.

1. Just fill an application to AO in local bsnl Exchange office.
2. They will first make your bill correct. Also out of 6000 rs. will be deducted from account for the remaining period after disconnection.
3. So, after getting final corrected bill, put an application of billing amount reduction to the BSNL, as you don't have any info how bill reach that much.
4. DO it after you have corrected all amount info.

If nothing happens, just wait & have a copy of application you given for bill rebate.

5. May be BSNL will send you legal notice, ( Its nothing just a scare to submit amount).
6. After you get notice by bsnl go to : Telephone Adalat's : that take place time to time
7. Tell there, what is wrong in billing by BSNL, also BSNL not correcting bills.

Generally it is seen that in most cases BSNL ask to pay marely 10-20 % of the billed amount to end the issue.

Its all wait & watch policy to get out of such situation. Whenever you get chance to speak against BSNL, go with full force. These telecom's do give uneven bills to people to get their hard earned money in their own pocket.

When last time BSNL given me bills around ~4k. I resolved the matter by going to BSNL AO, then Instead of paying 4k, I got my 119 Rs. from BSNL through cheque.

Just fight & their is always win win for customer.

Thank you very much.
One question i have. Do you know of anyone who has been "prosecuted" for not paying bills by Legal case?
Do they have soo much time for prosecuting anyone who does this?
I know of a person who got 14,000 rs bill from BSNL, he didnt pay and nothing happened except the line being disconnected.
Was he just lucky? DO i act now go to AOTR and tell him that I dont know how this much bill came and i want the line to be disconnected?

The question isn't whether 19k is huge or not. It is a matter of principle. Something like one using a credit card, intentionally spending more than one can afford, and then trying to escape the bill, despite being completely aware of the consequences of doing so. Sounds like fraud to me.

I didnt know this was ethics&morality.com . No offence. Yes i did do this cause i simply thought they would disconnect my line and nothing else. If i had known about legal cases, i would have simply surrendered it. PLease help me. Galti kar ke hi aadmi seekhta hai.

6000 Home Combo is an unlimited plan 😕 . Only calls can make it go beyond.correction: On re-reading, I can get that you are on 600 Home Combo, not 6000 Home Combo .. argh...

The minimum you should do is change from Annual to monthly so that they need to adjust the annual subscription atleast 😕

The minimum you should do is change from Annual to monthly so that they need to adjust the annual subscription atleast 😕

Cant I tell them to charge me for the 2 months that I have used and deduct the remaining amount. Moreover i want to get rid of the connection . Is it still necessary to pay?

Cant I tell them to charge me for the 2 months that I have used and deduct the remaining amount. Moreover i want to get rid of the connection . Is it still necessary to pay?

For full year subscription, According to BSNL if you disconnect inbetween then BSNL will charge on prodate basis. So by rules you only have to pay for the time you used the line before BSNL disconnected it.

So you only have to pay for 2 ~ 3 months max., data plan counts to highest 2000 Rs. here.