Need a new connection! Help Please!

• Thread starter Thread starter Inflo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,217

Inflo

ISP
Reliance Broadband
My reliance connection stopped working on OCT 20 and the technician told me that a cable has been cut and it would cost them Rs.50,000 for new cable. And since there are only 2 of us in my area using Reliance they told me to quit and take another connection.

Initially I hesitated but then again I couldn't go on without internet for 5 days.
I took Airtel and I got the last node available(98% in my area have airtel). The agent said that I have to go for 2mbps 30gb limit for now and later I can take 8mps 60gb limit.
Airtel to be honest is BULLSHIT!
I loved my Reliance connection 1mbps day + 1.5 mbps night unlimited NO F**cking FUP! The hassle of logging in and out once a day is totally acceptable. I download 130gb/month in torrents alone.

I can't find a better deal now. Airtel is **** coz I can't check how much I've downloaded since the connection is shared using a wifi router(bro and dad use too). And I fear the 30gb limit is download+upload. This shittier part is it only gives 256kbps after the limit. For god sake what is that. I remember using Sify 7 years back with that speed and it feels like I've gone back in time. Sorry for grieving here.

I live in Bangalore - Old Airport Road - Wind Tunnel Road
Someone PLEASE suggest a good connection without FUP! ASAP!

And my BSNL landline has been dead for a month. Incompetent BSNL CC. I can't even go for BSNL Broadband.

Youre options are - Act, bbnl and bsnl. Act and bbnl are cable isps with limited availability but offer speeds in excess of 10mbps with an fup, iirc. I dunno if bsnl has good plans for Bangalore. Regarding Bsnl, the complaint link is in my signature. Should take 3-4 days at the most to get resolved.

Thanks man, I'll do that.

BSNL regional portal http://karnataka.bsnl.co.in/ ain't even opening.
Is there any other site to check plans for bangalore.
I pay 1.2k monthly for net. Is there any good plan for that price.
I wanted to go for BSNL before I got Airtel,
but seeing as they're taking ages to fix my landline I decided not to.
I wonder how long they'll take to install a new connection!
If there's nothing better I guess I'll have to go for Airtel 8mbps 60gb limit @Rs1250+tax.
Could you tell me which plan you're using?