Indian Premier League Updates

Sun Music were running a scroller on Saturday asking the viewers to select a name for their IPL Team which should contain the word Sun. The viewers have to send the names thru SMS and winner will get Rs. 5 L.

lets discuss all the names here...and whoever makes it can share the prize money... 😉

I really don't understand how people still getting fooled of this crappy useless drink. Pepsi is making fortune frm this substandard drink. All pepsi variants. Diet, normal blah blah blah are crap. Food products are somewhat acceptable. I haven't drunk pepsi\coke in my lifetime.

Pepsi I P L... very long to say. So people/Media would still call tournament just I P L 🙂DLF left because nobody called it as DLF I P L 😀

Tough to say Pepsi Maximum, DLF maximum was easy 🙂I guess its on the consumers to decide on carbonated drinks like pepsi, cokeI prefer fruit juice to both of them, always no to cool drinks

They paid close to 400 crores (396.8) for 5 years, whereas DLF paid 200, so in reality its double. I really felt it would be lesser this time, but even Aircel offered 315 which is more than what DLF paid the 1st time.

That is obvious. But there was an indication that DLF did not gain much from the association, so obviously it was felt that others would hesitate to bid so much.

^dlf doesnt sell flats for rs 20(it sells for 2 crore ) so they didnt benefit much 😀 pepsi sells cold drinks and chips for price rs20

Yeah, I know. But I am talking about analysts evaluating the worth of the association. Airtel pulled of T20 Champions league. So did Nokia. And they sell products ranging hundreds and thousands, not crores. Atleast not to end customers like us. So, I was comparing in that sense.

And Tomfoolery begins...

The Hindu : Sport News : IPL-6 players

The players’ auction for the sixth edition of Indian Premier League will be held in January next year either in Chennai or Kolkata.

According to sources in the IPL, the auction would take place either on January 12 in Chennai or eight days later in Kolkata. This was decided by the governing council of the IPL, headed by Rajeev Shukla, which met in Mumbai on Wednesday.

The participation of Pakistani players in the auction, paving the way for their re-entry into the cash-rich T20 tournament, will be decided by the IPL governing council at its next meeting before the players’ auction.

Meanwhile, Kings XI Punjab has decided to pay a penalty of Rs 1 crore to the Cricket Board and bury their differences after they had dragged the BCCI to the court for arbitration proceedings following the termination their contract for alleged breach of regulations. Kings XI Punjab will continue to be part of IPL pending the completion of the arbitration proceedings.