UnoDNS: Pretty cheap way to access international content from your computer

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2,271
looks like i posted about this thing at the wrong time. do give it a try. it is fantastic!

VPN route your traffic through their servers. This service seems to be doing something else. They have a week long free trial. Definitely worth checking out.

Yep. Signed up for it ! Pretty impressive. Seems something like what reliance does occasionally.

they seem to be offering this service in addition to VPN for 5 dollars per year. this is cheaper than what i pay for my vpn service 😛

There is a free service doing this since long ago.

tunlr.net

This is how it works.
Tunlr does not provide a virtual private network (VPN). Tunlr is a DNS (domain name system) unblocking service. We’re using sophisticated technologies (a.k.a. the Tunlr Secret Sauce ©) to re-adress certain data envelopes, tricking the receiver into thinking the envelope originated from within the U.S. For these data envelopes, Tunlr is transparently creating a network tunnel from your location to our U.S.-based servers. Any data that’s not directly related to the video or music content providers which Tunlr supports is not only left untouched, it’s also not even routed through Tunlr. In order to use Tunlr, you will have to change the DNS address. See Get started for more information.

i did not check out their VPN service. vpn would require you to connect manually using the dialer like thing in your OS. they have vpn nodes based in multiple countries.

right. the entire website is a mess. i cannot for example locate any information on their VPN services. even the backend is a complicated mess.