BSNL broadband ULD1350 connection irregular

• Thread starter Thread starter detoknight
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,597

detoknight

ISP
bsnl
This usually happens after 25-30 GB download . Till then, I get good 4 Mbps speed continuously. But after that the line connects and disconnects constantly. eg. it would be connected for 15 mins and disconnect for 5-10 mins. every time I call the lineman, he comes and does something about joints. It would be fine for sometime and the next month the same thing would happen.But I am not so sure its because of the lines. This always happens when I get near the 3 GB cap. What do you guys think?Also can u suggest some software which records the time the pc is connected to the net so that I can monitor and detect patterns? windows or linux.thanks

bsnl broadband is not connecting properly since 2 days.. may be some problem @ their end

You can use Networx. Ask the line man to change the line and give a new one without joints.

Yes. BSNL themselves recommend having joints in the line. But in my house the there are 2 joints in the line and the junction box for my house has wires coming out in all direction and joined in open air. BSNL doesn't have any money to change wires i think. Even if they change the wires to your house, it needn't make a difference, the line coming upto the junction box might be in the same sad state.

So sorry for the very very late reply guys. was busy.
Here :

And by the way, after first of this month (*after counter reset) everything is normal again.
So, it will probably get bad after 30 gb

snr is very low.. that is the reason for disconnection. tell the lineman to look for line faults and rectify it. u can also go to the exchange and tell the tech people there to do a line test from the exchange to the node in the junction box. u can compare these values and the ones in displayed in ur modem. u will find where the problem is.

The lineman has already done that. This is the result after he supposedly fixed the line. He went around the house and did stuff. So I take it its not fixed then? That does not explain how the line became better after 1st of the month. And I doubt he will come again. I don't think he will listen to "snr is 12 db".And one more non-related thing.. my speed is supposed to reduce after 30 Gb. But this month, I have already crossed 42 Gb but the speed has not reduced. Is it just luck? weird.

there are 2 things here ..one cable coming from the exchange to the junction box and the other from the junction box to the splitter.. and what are the values in the line test done by BSNL?? what are the values?