• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,159

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Yes... You have helped me identify why I am getting failed messages to 1-2 people I was trying to reach in the past 2-3 days. I have since spoken to them. But I was wondering why they did not get the messages.

I got effected due to this when Airtel blocked SMS from Aircel & Reliance before diwali.

Sent out a few messages to few other people as a test... And checked with them... They have not received it.. So yes, I am affected now 😕I have also forwarded the article to a few of my friends & colleagues to let them know as well.

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Info-tech : TDSAT tells Tata Tele to pay 5 paise SMS termination fee to Vodafone
Tata Teleservices told to pay SMS termination fee to Vodafone - The Times of India

The telecom tribunal has directed Tata Teleservices to pay 5 paise as termination fee for each SMS terminating on Vodafone India’s network. This is half of the 10 paise per SMS demanded by Vodafone.
The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) also directed Vodafone not to block SMSes from Tata Teleservices (TTSL) subscribers. In case, there is a termination, the tribunal has asked Vodafone to restore it immediately.
This is an interim order, with TDSAT asking the companies to settle the issue among themselves. Termination charges are paid by an operator terminating voice calls or text messages on another operator’s network.
Vodafone has sought a termination fee of 10 paise per SMS from April 2011. On November 7, Vodafone had issued notice to TTSL asking the latter to pay Rs 188 crore as SMS termination fee by November 17, failing which it would disconnect its SMSes services terminating on its network.
Following this, TTSL had moved TDSAT requesting the tribunal to set aside the notice issued by Vodafone.
The order came after TTSL moved telecom tribunal against Vodafone’s notice threatening to disconnect SMS services on its network over a dispute over termination fees.
A host of similar issues have come up before the TDSAT.
On Friday, TDSAT directed Aircel to pay SMS termination fee of 5 paise per message to Vodafone India. Vodafone is the second operator to block Aircel’s SMS on its network with Bharti Airtel blocking SMS from Aircel since November 9, four days before Diwali.
Bharti Airtel, the country’s largest telecom operator by subscribers, had also blocked text messages from Reliance Communications (RCom) on its network. The New Delhi-based firm had alleged the two operators of spamming its network with “free SMSes”.
The network was re-opened to RCom subscribers following an interim TDSAT order, with the case coming up for hearing again on November 27. However, connectivity between Bharti Airtel and Aircel are yet to be resolved.

Even heard that. Vodafone has prevented aircel sms due to some payment issues.