Beware of ShopClues

aviral sangal

Senior
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
Noida
It was a very bad day for me when i decided to place an order with shopclues for an refrigerator worth Rs62990. I was given the order no. 1828771 on 8th Nov 2012. In the email confirming my order stated the name and address of the merchant. So i googled his name and address and eventually got his contact number. When i contacted him on 9th i was told that this model is OOS. Then i reported same to shopclues on 9th itself. Very casually i got a call from shopclues after loads of tweets telling me that i my order has been transfered to different merchant. Since then i am sending email, tweets and even calling them (which never works). On tweets i get a reply i will be updated soon, on emails no reply, on calls no reply. Delivery time was 9 days and guess what order is not shipped and my tweets from past few days are unanswered. You can check all my tweets here. Now today i have asked them to either ship the product by day end or refund me my money with interest. If they fail on both face a consumer court case. I have the phone calls recorded with me as a proof. Eamils and tweets will also account to proof since they have both the channels listed as support channels on its website.

I would like to warn you all against this bogus website.

If you are with me please retweet the following tweets

Tweet 1
Tweet 2
Tweet 3

ashish

Addicts
Regulars
Jul 21, 2011
Mumbai
Yes. Lately it has been selling sub-standard products, delivered Products not matching the description ETC. i have stopped purchasing from this site after giving many negative reviews.

@aviral: try and give a shot at ceo@shopclues.com

raj2007

Chennai
Regulars
Feb 27, 2009
Chennai
An refrigerator for Rs62990 thru online:suicide:...r u bedridden?

aviral sangal

Senior
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
Noida
Because same was available for 73K in nearby shops.

Yes. Lately it has been selling sub-standard products, delivered Products not matching the description ETC. i have stopped purchasing from this site after giving many negative reviews.

Did emailing to this ID ever worked for you or anyone you know directly?

sachinbr

Regular
Regulars
Apr 27, 2011

mail wont reach CEO as they have restricted mail to that email id(only authorised mail address is a accepted like from company, merchant etc..)

ashish

Addicts
Regulars
Jul 21, 2011
Mumbai
mail wont reach CEO as they have restricted mail to that email id(only authorised mail address is a accepted like from company, merchant etc..)

I had got a mailer

Did emailing to this ID ever worked for you or anyone you know directly?

No. I haven't posted to this ID. and no-one i know has ever bought from shopclues (all flipkart fans)

IBFUser

Regular
Regulars
Dec 14, 2010
many sellers at ShopClues have been sending fakes and no action has been taken against them by shopclues. Many buyers have reported that, although i never bought anything from them. IMO shudnt have gone with them for such a High Value Product. In any case, nothing much to worry. I faced similar situation with letsbuy a while back(although they dont have various sellers) where transaction was done and they were not shipping the product. I just told them if they dont ship my product asap, i am calling credit card provider and filing a dispute for the transaction and they refunded my money. Just drop them a mail again and state that if you dont get shipping confirmation in 24 hours, you are calling payment gateway/ credit card provider and filing the dispute for transaction. Hope that will do the trick. Let us know how this goes.