I want an alternative to BSNL in Chennai - West Mambalam .

raghavan_sn

Hi friends,I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am from Chennai, West Mambalam. I am currently on BB - BBG Combo ULD 850 . The FUP of 8 GB is pathetic ! My requirement is - 80 to 100 GB per month ( 2 Mbps is sufficient for me). Post FUP I need 512 Kbps. ( I am ready to come down to 256 Kbps if it is the only way out !). My budget is 1250 + service tax. Reliance Thunder plans are not available in my area as their Equipment is available only at a distance of 250 m from my house and I am in one of the most congested areas of Chennai and hence no question of digging up the road to lay landline or overhead cable. Same with You broadband, they said they cannot service my area. I contacted Tikona and they said they have coverage in my locality, but I am scared of taking up their connection after reading about their service and reputation from this forum ! I have not yet contacted Airtel ! Their 80 GB 2 Mbps plan costs 1699 + taxes, which I am not interested in taking up. I don't know whether Airtel offers any locality specific plans, as I am yet to contact them. Airtel has a strong presence in my locality, in fact, a kind of monopoly. Is there any way out ? Looking for help. Thanks.Raghavan

Nope. Airtel only offers what is present on the website.