Be prepared to see filesharing and p2p sites beign banned.John doe order wins!

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 5,111
S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : "Onus is on ISPs to prevent film copyright infringements"

The Madras High Court has put the onus of preventing film-related copyright infringements on the web on Internet Service Providers (ISPs).

“Internet service providers (ISPs) have an obligation not to allow infringement to take place by using their services,” Justice K.Chandru observed while dismissing an application filed by ISPs, including BSNL, Bharti Airtel Ltd and others seeking to vacate an interim injunction restraining them from infringing on the copyright of two movies through their respective websites and web pages.

I have nothing to say😛issed-off:

i have something to say. get a VPN. and continue with your daily life.

Why is this Madras High court always involved in those John Doe orders ? Also if it is Madras high court implement it in Madras not entire country.

because only south indian movie makers are doing this right now? eventually bollywood would catch up as well. and court rulings are applicable throughout the country i believe. :\

I find the thought funny that Madras High Court decisions should apply only in Madras.

right. instead of moving internationally to skip jailtime, i can now just cross the state border!

here is the thing. VPN is used by corporates to protect data leakage when their employees work from home or on the move. a secure connection is made from your computer to the vpn service provider. all your external access is processed through this secure channel. isp can only see data transfer through the vpn server. to access more data they have to get it from vpn service provider. sweden based vpn service providers do not keep logs as local laws allow them to do so. american based services? no so much. now i cannot say it is 100% secure but it is infinitely better than using your own local connection for online activities that you think might cause issues.

really just wait for few weeks and watch those movies on TV itself , not worth your time , nor bandwidth , coz they are just pure SH!t

really just wait for few weeks and watch those movies on TV itself , not worth your time , nor bandwidth , coz they are just pure SH!t
R u talking about Indian movies or Hollywood movies?

well for me, VPN is important for anything i download from the net. does not want to find one day that mpaa has managed to bribe the indian government to target indian users as well 😀 better safe than sorry!

I see a lot of US flags in torrents. So..no need to worry for time being. If they are ****ed we too face the same.