broadband connection for a merchant sailor

mandar.msk016

[OP]
Nov 15, 2012
hi guys,i'm new to this forum.to start with, i am a merchant sailor.. so i stay out of the country for 3 months and then i am back home for 3 months. i stay in dombivili- thane. i have almost no usage for 3 months and then i have heavy usage for the next 3 months. so far i have been using reliance net connect data card and it turns out to be very expensive and a tedious affair getting a new connection every time i am home.does any one have any suggestions as to how i can have a fixed broadband connection without the hassel and extra expense of buying a new dongle everytime??your help would be much appericiated.

MediaFire

Twisted
Regulars
Nov 21, 2010
Cuddalore, TN
Any BB connection u get u will have to pay for whole yearThere are prepaid connections but not for heavy usageWhy don't u try the mtnl 3G unlimited connectionWhich has prepaid optionsRecharge when u are homeUse it and maintain the validity when u are in sailingCome back and use it againCheck the mtnl section in this forum for details

shashank983

Regular
Regulars
Sep 12, 2008
try reliance wire line new thunder plans ,but have to pay for whole year ...

mandar.msk016

[OP]
Nov 15, 2012
i thought about keeping my line in safe custody every time i leave like you said, but i am not sure how much time it takes for them to activate and de-activate my line everytime.. i could end up being without a connection for weeks after i come back.. thats why i dont mind paying a certain minimum amount for my line to stay active. its just that i need help in deciding the best possible combinations..

shashank983

Regular
Regulars
Sep 12, 2008
i thought about keeping my line in safe custody every time i leave like you said, but i am not sure how much time it takes for them to activate and de-activate my line everytime.. i could end up being without a connection for weeks after i come back.. thats why i dont mind paying a certain minimum amount for my line to stay active. its just that i need help in deciding the best possible combinations..
check this
http://broadbandforum.in/reliance-broadband/82799-new-amazing-reliance-broadband-thunder.html

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
Use a prepaid connection. Charge it when you need, no hassle is you are out in sea.

donald.t

Nov 22, 2012
Absolute right suggestion Meetdilip.In such conditions always prefer prepaid connections. Any operator you can choose.