Upgraded to Reliance Thunder 1099 4Mbps no FUP Broadband Plan!

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 27,460
Chaitanya. I guess it wont be constant speed. It is burst for few seconds. Technically on 4096 downstream rate it is not possible.

full 4 mbps possible on metro only ...so just be happy what u haveu have better then craptel offer

full 4 mbps possible on metro only ...
so just be happy what u have

u have better then craptel offer

Shashank. If downstream rate set to higher than 4096. Pure 4 mbps can be achievable. 😀

Shashank. If downstream rate set to higher than 4096. Pure 4 mbps can be achievable. 😀
not seen any one's data rate higher then 4096
have u ????????

For a data rate higher than 4096,we gotta wait until reliance launches some >4 mbps plan 😉Just upgrade to the >4 mbps plan and downgrade 2 days later to Thunder 1099 😛AFAIK,they don't downgrade the data rate back to 4096 after it is set for >4 mbps connection.

right now only 999/month 12 mbps plan left but that for only metro customers

I read it here only that someone complained about not getting proper 4 mbps speed and his download datastream set higher than 4096.

I read it here only that someone complained about not getting proper 4 mbps speed and his download datastream set higher than 4096.
I spoke with the local technician and he told me that he'll bring up this issue with his seniors.

Meanwhile, I downgraded to the 'Thunder 699' tariff plan just to test it. I'm getting full 2 Mbps speed on this tariff plan (as the downstream line rate is set to 4096 Kbps). So, it's clear: it's a line rate issue and to be able to achieve full 4 Mbps speed on the 'Thunder 1099' tariff plan, the downstream line rate needs to be set some somewhere above 5+ Mbps.

This 2 Mbps tariff plan is OK for downloading and browsing, however I'm unable to stream YouTube 720p videos. That's a deal breaker. So, I'll again go back to the 4 Mbps tariff plan in a couple of days.

Also, RCOM is offering upload speed = download speed on MEN. So, why aren't they offering it to ADSL subscribers as well? Why do we have to suffer? What's the max upload speed possible on ADSL2+?

TO everyone who's reading this post: Who all are using this 'Thunder 1099' tariff plan on ADSL? Are you getting full 4 Mbps download speed? Please speak up.

Chaitanya. I havent seen 350+ on my 4 mbps plan. They are still checking dlc and might upgrade the bandwidth.Regarding upload. What x720 said is true. And my line max attainable upload rate showing is 1400 kbps. So max to max 1 mbps is possible on adsl. 😡

my line max attainable upload rate showing is 1400 kbps.
So max to max 1 mbps is possible on adsl. 😡
I just remembered that I used to get around 100-105 KBps UP on sucktel broadband. On Reliance, I think I' getting 80-90 KBps.

I'm again going back to the 4 Mbps tariff plan as this 2 Mbps one is not enough for me. I'll make them increase the downstream line rate.

I just remembered that I used to get around 100-105 KBps UP on sucktel broadband. On Reliance, I think I' getting 80-90 KBps.

I'm again going back to the 4 Mbps tariff plan as this 2 Mbps one is not enough for me. I'll make them increase the downstream line rate.

increase the downstream more 4096 on 4mbps plan not possible technically.... from system

^It is very much possible and has nothing to do with the plan. Yes, a 4mbit plan will bu defaily set the line rate to 4096kbps, but they can always increase it manually 🙂

increase the downstream more 4096 on 4mbps plan not possible technically.... from system
It is possible. When I was using BSNL and sucktel, my downstream line rate was 10+ Mbps. Set high line rate and limit the port speed - that's the way it should be done. Instead, Reliance is limiting both - the downstream line rate as well as the port speed, which is wrong and absurd.

If they don't increase the downstream line rate, I'll make their life hell.

Chaitanya. They can always manually increase that line rate from dslam. They set the appropriate speed on dslam bcoz setting up higher rate sometimes adsl line makes unstable particularly who is far away from dslam or his Line attenuation or snr margin is poor. So for them setting up lower downstream rate makes their adsl line stable. But they should set downstream higher than given plan speed .. say at least 500 - 800 kbps higher than given speed.