• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 3,745
Status
Not open for further replies.

radiance

ISP
BSNL 3G
I have a cracked BSNL data card and have been using it with Aircel 3G sim for the past 1.5 months in Bangalore. However, last week it stopped working. I noticed that while I am able to connect through the data card, data is only being uploaded but not downloaded (Sent data > 0, received < 0). This issue is there with my Aircel 3g prepaid connection as well my normal postpaid Aircel connection (which worked on 2G) earlier. I called customer support today and was suprised when they told me the phone brand and model number I am using and also told that my data card is a universal one(an unlocked one might appear as universal data card to them). So the data upload that was happening might actually be their way of 'spying' on the data card/users computer. Anyone else faced this issue yet? I've been facing this problem since Friday night.

Correction: Data received = 0 kb. Also, customer care didn't say that using a universal data is not allowed or that is the problem. She just asked me to check the settings with the aircel store. However, settings are ok i think. Number *99# and APN aircelgrps.com is all there is to it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.