Airtel 3G Online Recharge Problems

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
What is this with recharge of Airtel 3G online, it never works.

For the past 3 months I have had issues with the 3G recharge, been telling them but of no avail.

Credit card payment never works, if you are lucky, debit card/net banking option works, just like tatkal booking in IRCTC.

I always ping Airtel Presence about this on twitter, always get the standard response "Hi! We have registered your concern and our team will revert to you soon with assistance. Thx"

Today I tried net banking, Bill desk says the transaction is successful, Airtel says it is not :(

Tried recharging it through airtel store, I got 500MB for 250 rupees. Still no resolution by airtel.

Why do you want to get a 3G recharge online? just add money to your main balance and activate the plan by SMSing to 121.

you have prepaid right? I always do a 333/444 or whatever recharge they are offering full talktime on and the amount gets credited to my account. then I sms 3G to 121 and follow the prompts and get a plan activated and that money is deducted from my main balance. I didn't even know you can directly get 3G packs activated.

Moindear I had similar problems. ..Not able to recharge any 3g data from last 7 days... My number starts with 725999*....from bangaloreCan you let me know if you are able to do it successfully ( if you followed manu1991 instructions above)I will give a try myself

Now I just dial *121*11# and use the popup to activate the 3G plan.

I don't have main balance.

It's risky, i use this sim only for internet, i don't want to recharge 333 & activate 250 plan from main balance.......Airtel is known for unfair balance deduction, 83rs at risk.....i will recharge from retailer.

Just recharged with the method Manu advised, its easy and best way as such till now.Online 3G recharge resulted in as many as 4-5 failed transactions for me.The flip side is that extra talktime gets added to the sim, which is not useful for me since its the Tablet, I hardly call using it.But still this is way better, less risky!

I do same! Very convenient for any pack. Just recharge for full talk time and activate any pack by dialing *121# or some respective codes. But *121# host many services at one place. You can also activate the same by logging here: https://prepaidweb.airtelworld.com/PSC_Web/PSCloginAction

In both cases, services is activated instantly with balance deduction from main account.

Back