• Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,510

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Curious, I thought Chromium is all on cloud, always connected, whats the use of hard disk then?

two things to consider...

samsung and Acer have not launched any chrome os device in india officially.
199 dollar seems like another google subsidized pricing in the us market.

Curious, I thought Chromium is all on cloud, always connected, whats the use of hard disk then?

you no longer need to store everything in the cloud? as of right now people have to connect memory cards etc. made no sense. for example... if i am downloading a large movie to watch... would it make sense to download it from the cloud and then upload it on google drive? earlier models usually had 16/32GB of flash storage.

i am managing with google docs and apatche office fine. maybe advance people need ms office only for special functionadmin, can you unblock my old account & merge this with that?

looks like a very heavy subsidy to me.the cheapest sandybridge celeron processor seems to be the 807UE, which has a retail price of 117$, so even for bulk quantities, the price would be at least 90$. 90$ just for the processor and they are selling it for 200.

I so want to try the Chrome OS but the Vanilla and Lime builds by Hexxeh just don't work on my pc. This chrome book looks like a Loot!

Gets a brand new model.
11.6’’ (1366x768) display
1 inch thin – 3 lbs / 1.4 kg
Up to 4 hours of battery1
Dual-core Intel® Celeron® Processor
100 GB Google Drive Cloud Storage2 with 16GB SSD
Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet
HD Camera
3x USB 2.0
1x HDMI Port, 1x VGA port
2-in-1 memory card slot (SD, MMC)
USD 199

http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/landing-acer.html
The new C7 comes with just 2GB of RAM, but also has the same Haswell architecture, 11.6-inch screen and 16GB SSD. The current C7, which will remain available — there are no plans to replace it just yet — comes with 4GB of RAM, and a $249 price tag.
http://www.androidcentral.com/acer-and-google-release-199-c7-chromebook