• Thread starter Thread starter s.ricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,168

s.ricky

regulars
ISP
broadband
so i finally moved from airtel to bsnl thinking that after fair usage policy in bsnl the speed will remain 512kbps.plan: 750UL i regret my decision. till 1mbps the surfing and downloading is fine( download speed is around 180kBps and upload 100kBps)... pings are much better than airtel. so after using 6gb data... speed dropped down to 512kbps ( FUP ) but speed is no where near 512kbps.. its just fluctuates between 300kbps to 500kbps all the time.. pings and latency also increased a bit.:angry::angry:strange thing is that the upload speed is still 100KBps , they are just capping download speed. 😛so conclusion is that as soon as you hit FUP the downloading experience will be same as that of airtel ( 256 kbps FUP)

Try moving to ul900 .Also, post your post fup line stats. You should get 512k.

I hear you man.. I don't understand.. Why they attack our latency? Capping the download speed is understandable.. But tampering with latency is just pure evil

Try moving to ul900 .
Also, post your post fup line stats. You should get 512k.
well both 750 and 900 have same 512 kbps FUP, so moving to 900 is not a better option.

here are the line stats:

@Sushubh - you are on bsnl right?

Hmm. I said ul900 coz on ul750, after fup is exhausted they move you to nib1, whereas in case of 2mbps+ plans, you stay on nib2 even after fup limit has been exhausted.

Hmm. I said ul900 coz on ul750, after fup is exhausted they move you to nib1, whereas in case of 2mbps+ plans, you stay on nib2 even after fup limit has been exhausted.

how can i check if m on nib1 or nib2?

Alright. So that is nib2. Could you post a speedtest and a tracert to google? I'm confused about the varying speeds. Ideally it shouldn't go below 500kbps.

Don't trust speedtest.net results or torrent speeds. Download a youtube file and check with the speed. Use IDM if possible.

Don't trust speedtest.net results or torrent speeds. Download a youtube file and check with the speed. Use IDM if possible.

i had also checked with idm... it starts with 150kBps for few seconds and then drops to 50kBps then goes to 60kBps and drops again.

i was not having any problem when speed was 1mbps... after FUP things started getting worse

Considering bsnl is sending you to the us, those pings are great 😛
Only that, the trace should go to Mumbai server. Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 and try again.

Complain here for slow speed http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

well i will surely file a complaint but i doubt they will help 😛
its really pain in ....... when speed fluctuates so much

i miss airtel days now...