What does this mean in tablet config description ?

fannymagnet21

ISP
idea2g in wcdma:(
I want to buy a budget tablet with gps function...i came across DOMO Slate N8 3RD.. the confusion is with the with the config description...they saySupport for External GPSAGPSGoogle MapsSo what does that mean? itdoesnt have a gps..but still it has an A-GPS?Besides do you have any recommendations for any tablet with GPS thats available online?RegardsFanny

I think they have mislabeled external GPS support as AGPS. A lot of these chinese tablets don't have GPS so unless its explicitly stated, I wouldn't trust it.

thx for your feedback manu sir..i just rang up a few people on olx...willing to sell this chinese baby..and all confirm that it has AGPS support

Agps uses internet connection to correct and quickly lock on gps. The external gps support means no inbuilt gps. So for using maps u have to buy a gps dongle. Which one is supported would only be known to a user or the oem. Risky stuff if u need navigation in your tab

agps uses mobile towers to speed up the process of gps locking from satellites. just using the mobile towers, the phone cannot really pinpoint accurate location on the map. it would at max tell you the block you are in if you are lucky.

thx for your feedback manu sir..i just rang up a few people on olx...willing to sell this chinese baby..and all confirm that it has AGPS support
I am not sure how olx works. If you are meeting them in person and buying, then its fine. you can check and make sure. Otherwise I wouldn't trust random guys over the internet.

@#4 uumeshh yes dongle could be the best idea..as i see they have better sensitivity.@ #8 manu1991 no sir am just using olx to double check from the actual owners..i ordered the product from snapdeal.@#9 chromaniac yeah...in a phone with GPS with A-GPS ...when i disable GPS..it use to denote my current location..with of the location of tower in my town..now, if i hook up a 3G dongle to this tablet..i wonder where w'd it point too i.e the tower location or the ISP server..i hope the latter wont happen😛ray:

Most tablets are wi-fi only. with out a sim (in built mobile network) ,can a tablet with an external dongle (data card) show GPS or AGPS?? Not sure!Quickr.in / Olx.in /Sulekha are online classified advt sites (similar to a paid newspaper classified advt) but free.so you get lot of scam/rip off artists.!I have used Quickr "free" advts to sell (new stuff not used stuff -almost in all India citiy wise editions) . Many interested People will call me thinking Iam local from their town ,Then I used to explain what Iam selling and that they need to pay me direct or Ebay and that I will ship it free via courier.!conversion rate is 10%.If the seller is local,ask Tell them U will meet at their place AND ASK FOR A DEMO.no harm in that.