How much Bandwidth is Enough.

neither did I.

Admin asked how'd better internet drive a change and you answered better infra 😉Now, you could also have meant that an endeavour to provide better internet, would lead to development of infra. In that case, I stand corrected 🙂

as you can already see, companies in india are trying to spread internet across using wireless technologies. bsnl and mtnl are not laying down fibers even though they have the material lying with them. airtel etc does not seem to be interested in laying down fibers in existing localities because of the expense. even then... spreading fiber throughout the country is not really going to change anything regarding the infrastructure of the country. we would still have hanging wires or boxes attached in open in sides of houses. fact remains... internet is still a luxury commodity in a country like india where even the middle class is struggling to pay the bills. compare the internet tariffs in india and developed markets like usa, we are paying almost same even though our purchasing power is much much less compared to them.

Looks like when he said "explain how", I thought he was asking how we can provide 2mbps connections to everyone.Ok, I misunderstood the short message. Well, yes my intention was to convey the fact that, irrespective of the technical and financial difficulties, a betterTelecom Infrastructure will help deliver services like healthcare, logistics and business in general, better.I recently heard the president of Cisco india operations say that IT has become the forth necessity afterfood, clothing and shelter.I agree with this paradigm and hoped to start a discussion in those lines in this topic.I will be the first to admit I'm not a technical expert in telecom, so I'm not challenging anyone on those lines,I hoping to take the discussions beyond feasibility and exploring the possibilities which could lead to innovation.

I recently heard the president of Cisco india operations say that IT has become the forth necessity after
food, clothing and shelter.

that is just marketing bullshit. internet is not going to magically change anything in our country.

indian government claims that aakash would change the way kids study and bla bla. lol.

that is just marketing bullshit. internet is not going to magically change anything in our country.

I sir, disagree.
Also I don't claim anything will change magically, just fundamentally.

Akash tablet could change the way education is delivered. I'm not saying it would.

what will a tablet achieve without proper apps. Children will start playing games in it.Rather than trumpeting about cheapest tablet, govt shud hv put effort in developing apps for children