Right time to buy a laptop?

Abdul Kareem

ISP
Beam Fibre 1 Mbps
Hi guys, I wanted to buy a laptop but right now, I'm really confused whether this is the right time to buy one or not. Here are my requirements-15.6 inch, Touch-screen, Windows 8, minimum Core i5, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM, 1 GB Graphics Card, full keyboard (no tablet), budget

first consider the need for touchscreen on the laptop. do you really need it?

Upvote 0
You are not going to find a decent sized laptop display with touchscreen. most of the devices announced have shitty resolution 1360x768. Good luck working in Photoshop with a touchscreen display. Sensible purchase would be to find the best deal in your budget price for a laptop with best specifications. If you care about photo/video editing, focus should on on higher resolution display not touchscreen.

Upvote 0
I can function very well without a touch screen ofcourse, but am considering touch-screen as an added bonus. Just so that the laptop remains future proof and I don't get to miss the full experience of Metro style apps. Who knows, touch screen on laptops may become a norm, just like the "mouse" which was first made by Microsoft but not very well received initially. Microsoft has surely put people like me in dilemma 🙁

Upvote 0
by the way. have you even used metro in windows 8?

Well, no, but I'd like to, it seems to be good.

And yeah, the touchpad is a good idea, thanks!

Upvote 0
Well, no, but I'd like to, it seems to be good.

And yeah, the touchpad is a good idea, thanks!

ok. before going for a laptop with a touchscreen display, install windows 8 on your existing machine and experience metro. i can safely say that you would find it rather useless and would drop the idea of getting a touchscreen laptop at all.

touchscreen on a laptop is only going to be useful if the laptop converts into a tablet. other than that it is just a stupid functionality that adds on to the cost of the product.

Upvote 0