Right time to buy a laptop?

Abdul Kareem

[OP]
Jan 22, 2012
Hi guys, I wanted to buy a laptop but right now, I'm really confused whether this is the right time to buy one or not. Here are my requirements-15.6 inch, Touch-screen, Windows 8, minimum Core i5, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM, 1 GB Graphics Card, full keyboard (no tablet), budget

Samuel

Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
He is going to do photo editing, so I guess it would help.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
You are not going to find a decent sized laptop display with touchscreen. most of the devices announced have shitty resolution 1360x768. Good luck working in Photoshop with a touchscreen display. Sensible purchase would be to find the best deal in your budget price for a laptop with best specifications. If you care about photo/video editing, focus should on on higher resolution display not touchscreen.

Abdul Kareem

[OP]
Jan 22, 2012
I can function very well without a touch screen ofcourse, but am considering touch-screen as an added bonus. Just so that the laptop remains future proof and I don't get to miss the full experience of Metro style apps. Who knows, touch screen on laptops may become a norm, just like the "mouse" which was first made by Microsoft but not very well received initially. Microsoft has surely put people like me in dilemma :(

Abdul Kareem

[OP]
Jan 22, 2012
by the way. have you even used metro in windows 8?

Well, no, but I'd like to, it seems to be good.

And yeah, the touchpad is a good idea, thanks!

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
touch based laptop are not useful. My Colleague in office won an ultra book with touch screen loaded with Win 8, not easy to use touch gestures at all. A tablet is lot better for that!