• Thread starter Thread starter dragon5677
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2,261

dragon5677

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I am planning to get a new phone, an android, currently I am using a Curve 9520. Can you guys suggest a good Android phone for me? I was leaning towards the Sola, but it has less RAM and all and HTC phones are getting bad reviews...Budget can go till 20k.

Warranty matters ?

I saw the xperia Go, really sluggish with ICS.I like the Atrix 2 though!x720,I might end up rooting the phone to increase the RAM and such things, so in the end warranty might make a difference.... what if I unroot the phone later will the warranty still apply?

Hmm, depends on the company and the phone. So, I really dunno whether companies have a method detecting a device that had been rooted previously. Samsung used to be pretty cool about this stuff, but with every new release they make it harder to remove traces from a previously modded phone.If you can love without warranty , get the US version of the ONE S for 20k. Do not get the Indian edition.Also, I guess, no ones knows moto's position on India these days !

Lol are you serious about Moto closing centers?One S US version has a S4 yeah? But the Indian one has got a S3...sad.Also how about the Xperia P?

There was one near to my house, it closed down. Can't say if it was random or not. Motorola wasn't known for stellar service earlier as well, if it becomes worse, then it will be a bad scenario.

I'd recommend S over P. Better Camera, Better Processor+GPU, Much better Camera. Without warranty price is pretty close to 20k.

its also been added to the AOSP project as an experiment so you will (unofficially at least) get updates to the latest android version for a longer time.

Edit: do you have an ebay account, they have sent coupons to almost everyone this week:

Even the Galaxy Nexus is not a bad buy at this price: http://www.ebay.in/itm/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-GOOGLE-NEXUS-S-i9250-ANDROID-4-0-SMARTPHONE-/281018102985?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item416dfbf4c9#ht_7492wt_1002

Yes he is. And Moto is known for ditching their phones as far as updates are concerned. Hope you know that the Atrix 2 will not be getting JB update, which sucks.They also ditched the promised ICS updates to their dual core flagships like Atrix and Photon.Not a good idea to go for Moto after seeing their history. They're pretty much carrier based (Sprint and Verizon esp.) OEMs now.

There are no devices "in" AOSP. Only nexus devices have the stock android made by google running by default.AOSP is the Android open source project. Sony is still committed to help devs port custom ROMS so nothing has changed.If you are interested in installing custom ROMs, this is a general principle:Qualcomm > TI > Exynos > nVidia in terms of decreasing order of custom ROM friendliness by SoC manufacturers. nvidia and Samsung(exynos) are horrible in releasing proper source code that developers can use.In terms of manufacturers, its Sony > Samsung=LG > HTC > Motorola.Perfect example is the Galaxy S2. the i9100 variant has a worse Cyanogenmod port than the i9100G variant because the i9100G variant has a TI OMAP chipset.In your budget, Galaxy Nexus and Xperia S are the best phones, both in terms of features and custom ROM development.

I see......So Sony will optimize the stock Android OS for the Xperia S? Am I correct?And yes, I will root the phone not for custom ROM but for other features that require SUDO access.How trustable is that seller on ebay you mentioned, I have a problem trusting ebay even though i never bought anything from there...manu1991,Just saw the Galaxy Nexus, seems good....