Invalid Username/password Error

• Thread starter Thread starter santanu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8,415

santanu

I have opted for the 250 plan about 12 days back (Kolkata), but still not able to connect from my desktop(using USB) or laptop(using ethernet). It gives username/password invalid in the domain when trying to connect using RASPPPOE dialup connection. This username password is what is provided by BSNL and I have not changed it. Interestingly, when I used one of my friends id/pwd, I was able to connect to the net. Using that, when I logged into the account admin page (http://10.240.43.216), i was able to login without any error. The BSNL has so far not able to help me and I am still after them. Any kind of help would be appriciated.

^ sorry , I donot have a solution . but this is strange !change the password as early as possible . And canyou check at your friend's system whether you areable to connect using your account & report back ...

I was NOT able to connect from my friend's computer using MY userid and password. It gave me the same error mesage, userid/password invalid in the domain. After connecting to net through my friend's id, I was able to change my password from the account admin page and was also able to login the account admin page using the new password. However, after disconnecting from the net and trying to log in using MY id and new password, I got the same eror message and was not able to connect.I am tearing my hairs now. The BSNL guys have not contacted me so far.

QUOTE(santanu @ Oct 23 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]66323[/snapback]
I was NOT able to connect from my friend's computer using MY userid and password. It gave me the same error mesage, userid/password invalid in the domain. After connecting to net through my friend's id, I was able to change my password from the account admin page and was also able to login the account admin page using the new password. However, after disconnecting from the net and trying to log in using MY id and new password, I got the same eror message and was not able to connect.

I am tearing my hairs now. The BSNL guys have not contacted me so far.
[/b]
This means that ur password which was generated by BSNL people has been leaked. I suggest u, tell the BSNL people to reset ur password to a new one as early as possible............
And the person who came to know abut ur account details may have changed the password as he can't change the username. Thats why u r coming across this error.......
Contact Broadband Section of ur town as early as possible..........Or get ready for a nice bill this month without using the internet.

@ Santanu , pls contact ( if possible goto Exchange ) a higher official at your Exchange to solve this ...

The invalid username or password or Error No. 691 could be due to any of the following reasons:-(i) Either the username or password is entered wrongly. - The solution is to get the username and password once again.(ii) If the connection is already in use. - The solution to this is to change the password immediately so that the culprit does not get a chance to re-login. Then reporting the case to the local office and find out the culprit with the help of NIB.(iii) If the authentication server is down for some reason. - There is no solution to this. It depends on the NIB to get the server up as early as possible. It will be common to one area as such.(iv) If the configuration files (the dailer) are corrupt. - Re create the dialer connection and take all security measures to protect your system.(v) If there is a bill pending and the connection is suspended. - Mmmmh... Self Explanatory.(vi) If the connection is port bound to a wrong port. - Contact your local NIB and get the issue settled.The reason that fits in your case is, I think, the connection is already in use. Changing the password as suggested is a correct procedure. Also you may contact the local NIB and ask them to check up if the account is already in use.I have come across all the issues when dealing with the subscribers in my area. If I have left out any, I may be educated on these lines please.Regards

As i have mentioned earlier, I was able to log in thru the account admin page but not thru the dialer. I tried from 2 different machines but same error.Connection is probably not in use coz i tried from day 1 at various times of the day. Also, when i login thru my friend's id and go to check the status using my id, i see offline for my login, although i was not able to dial two mins back. I had already change the delivered password.When i query the service records for the usage, it says "Sorry. The service record you are querying is not found". So probably no one was able to connect thru my id. (note that I was also not able to connect at any time using my id)Dialer/config file problem is not there since i am able to connect with my friends id.Bill pending is invalid since this is the first time.Thanks for all your help but the problem is not yet solved. Appriciate more comments and suggestions

^ Santanu , pls contact JTO / DE / Area Manager at
your Exchange . AFAIK , it should be solved by BSNL ...

--------------------
Lets Not Quote the Previous Posts Unnecessarily ...

don't worry its server problem i do get this type of errors and they automatically rectified otherwise call helpline

Hi Guys..The problem is solved now. It required me a trip to my exchange and followup with DE. They did something and now it is working. They said that they had done port binding with my telephone number and userid, which means, my userid cannot be connected from any other telephone except mine.Thanks for all your help