BSNL broadband works for 2 minutes then gives dns look up error

• Thread starter Thread starter DrDeepak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,442

DrDeepak

ISP
BSNL 3G
dear friendsI have been facing a peculiar problem for the last 2months.I am currently on the 2mbps unlimited plan with bsnl at kochiI have been suffering for the last 2 months with the bsnl broadband as once the modem is turned on, there is net transfer for about 2 mins after which there is a dns look up error. However torrents continue to download. I have made about 80 calls to customer care and local engineers but they are not interested to help. I was told that there is a internal line problem in my apartment and spent 3000rs trying to fix it, but the problem persists. Im sure its not a hardware issue. The modem im using is zte 531b.Any suggestions or help will be greatly accepted. If this does not work out, I will surrender the broadband account and try something else!thanks in advanceregards

Try using the Google Open DNS server8.8.8.88.8.4.4I had a similar problem on MTNL too, but its much smoother after i changed my DNS instead of using the default DNS

Just try using another modem and check. Or reset your router and reconfigure it. But I doubt it is something related to exchange.

Dear friendsThank you all for the replies.I finally got the bsnl manager here locallythey sent in a lineman with a spare modemThey changed the modem and the splitter and then voila!...the internet was backNo one knows what the problem was...But there are still problems with the wireless...i cant connect more than one device and that too intermittentlylooks like i will call bsnl again tomorrowthanks once again!

Dear friendsThanks for the repliesLike I said there is still a problem with the wifi.If i connect the laptop through a lan cable, then the internet worksthe wifi light is on, but no connection(the laptop does not recognise the network)I go to the modem setup page, go to wireless, then save and reboot with no changes, the wifi starts streaming.But when the modem is switched off and back on, there is no wifi connection(even though the light is on)I have to repeat the same process again!I have called bsnl...maybe it is a problem with the modem? the settings on the modem page seem fineThanks and regards

Set in PPPoE mode and try.