Latency of gaming servers on BSNL FTTH Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter Strykar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 12,425
hi there we got ftth in our office and checked all the pings to the 3 servers
i am getting 70ms on 1st and 3rd and the middle one did not respond.
Sorry i dont have caps was using a friends laptop to check the connection. I can post a more detailed account when the line is properly setup

I got BSNL ftth installed at my home and I am posting some speedtest results
To London

To Berlin

To New York

To Tokyo

To Singapore

Quite good ! Mind telling which plan do you have ? You sir you seems to have very deep pocket indeed!

_Chairman_Saab_ said:
Quite good ! Mind telling which plan do you have ? You sir you seems to have very deep pocket indeed!
I hate it when people (especially from this country) say it with a hint of twisted sarcasm in it.
Eg: One gets a new MBP: "Wow you must be rich!!"
On Topic:
I think MTNL has the best routing of all the ISPs. They use Sify.
Code:
PS C:UsersSanke1> tracert 203.116.80.199Tracing route to 203.116.80.199 over a maximum of 30 hops  1

sanke1 said:
I hate it when people (especially from this country) say it with a hint of twisted sarcasm in it.
Eg: One gets a new MBP: "Wow you must be rich!!"
On Topic:
I think MTNL has the best routing of all the ISPs. They use Sify.
PS C:UsersSanke1> tracert 203.116.80.199Tracing route to 203.116.80.199 over a maximum of 30 hops 1

_Chairman_Saab_ said:
Its Fibro Ltd 4 plan for Rs 2999 a month. It takes me 6 months of regular visits to BSNL officials to get it installed.At first they plainly refused citing that there is no fibre cable in my locality.I have to make efforts to get their cable map and was surprised that the cable was just 50mts from my house. Being a high ranked govt. official It took me no time to understand that they have no knowhow about ftth. Mine is a first ftth connection in my city. And there is nothing like deep pocket.LOL

Something that i should also do. Its been more than 1 year and my 3500 rs are with them of ftth installation. I tried to contact them 6 months ago and they sent me the letter from delhi saying no fiber cable available in your area. 🙁Time to remind them again.

You are not required to take a ftth plan on fibre.It is not compulsory.Read the ftth page on bsnl website carefully,it is mentioned there that with 10% extra charges on normal adsl plans you can have them on ftth line.Believe me the quality is excellent with no issues like fluctuating SNR or attenuation and as ftth connections are very few there is no congestion.Also ftth plans starts at Rs 1500 and again you will get more then mentioned speed due to few connections.I was supposed to get 4 Mbps max speed on my plan but you can see what I am getting on previous page of this thread.
And cisco_tech sir try to see the ftth map of theirs.It will be available with S.D.E transmissions of your local exchange.As they have no knowhow about how to install ftth connections they keep on discouraging people to mask their lack of knowledge.No doubt it is a complex procedure.i have witnessed it.

why didnt we have these kind of connections when i used to play WoW!!! 😛issed-off: 😛issed-off:

Ok that speednet result looks promissing of FTTH but I am getting 160 to 210 ping for Battlefield 3 and 4 for Europe country. My Plan is 4 MPBS 80 GB FUP. Rs.2011/m. Airtel.I get 90 to 110 ping for singapore and thailand servers.

So I am thinking what will be the latency for the FTTH for these servers?