• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 5,557

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I lost my iPhone yesterday, while i was travelling in a rickshaw. I suspect that it is in there with the driver. I have IMEI number and the phone is GPS enabled. Also, currently that mobile has no service, since it's had US Mobile service and i'd been using it in India. Is there any possibility of tracking it? Any suggestions? I had some important documents, photos in it.

Did you try Find my iPhone, was it enabled ? Was iCloud enabled ? If yes then there is a faint chance the phone might show up on find my iphone, provided it is not wiped clean / restored by someone.If it was jailbroken and the thief tries to do a "reset all settings" the phone will go into a mode where only possible solution will be full restore and till that time the phone will be unusable (and also untraceable)

Did you try Find my iPhone, was it enabled ? Was iCloud enabled ? If yes then there is a faint chance the phone might show up on find my iphone, provided it is not wiped clean / restored by someone.

If it was jailbroken and the thief tries to do a "reset all settings" the phone will go into a mode where only possible solution will be full restore and till that time the phone will be unusable (and also untraceable)
the phone wasn't jailbroken. i haven't used/installed find my iphone. can i do it now in another iOS and get to know the location? i dont know what iCloud is.

It seems there is a high chance that you did not have iCloud setup and find my iPhone enabled. Anways that works only when iPhone is receiving some sort of internet connection.

Just mail ur 15 digit IMEI number to cop@vsnl.net

With the following info.

Your name:

Address:

Phone model:

Make:

Last used No.:

E-mail for communication:

Missed date:

IMEI No.:

Keep all these information stored for emergency use .

No need to go to police.

or else let rickshaw driver to use iPhone.

Dont angry...but its reality....... Its ur fault thats why u loose your iphone.

^^From what i know this information is false about emailing the IMEI number to the cop email id.

i guess the original invoice would be required in either of the cases to prove that it is indeed your phone?

i hope the cops take it seriously, it cost not less than 20k, did have some cash with it. And, i'm serious about documents inside the iPhone.

Considering you lost the phone, the cops would have most probably registered an NCR (Non Cognizable Report) instead of an FIR (First Information Report)? Usually no cop takes up an NCR for investigation, which is why they prefer registering it over an FIR even when one is robbed off his phone. You might have to push them to help trace your phone. Remember they are already overburdened with cases of murder/rape/dacoity and searching for a lost mobile may not really be high on their agenda. I hope they make an exception in your case, but if nothing works out, you should at least report the IMEI so that the phone can be rendered useless.

Looks good but it needs GPS and WiFi/3G on. That will drain my mobile in like 4hrs.Can try it though.