Lost iPhone ;(

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 5,554
I lost my iPhone 2 weeks ago and i sent all details to the email address, the very next day.Have not seen any response yet.Unfortunately.. i had turned off my data connection... so no way to trace it.The police are not too helpful either

Looks good but it needs GPS and WiFi/3G on. That will drain my mobile in like 4hrs.

Can try it though.
Not necessarily, there are some apps that can be activated via an SMS. So it wont run anything but when you send a pre specified message, it will turn GPS on and send you the location and/or the front camera and click a photo.

My iPhone is jailbroken and i have installed iCaughtu Pro on it and as a basic protection, i have a passcode for unlocking the phone. With this jailbreak app, when someone enters a wrong passcode on the phone, it takes a pic with the front camera, captures the GPS location (which might be inaccurate from my experience), in case internet is not ON (be it wifi/edge/3g), it will turn on the mobile internet and email the information to predefined email id and SMS.Also one can send commands to the phone to take pic and email, display some message etc (assuming SIM is still the same).Additionally if the SIM is changed then it will send the new number and all the above details to the email id.I have not done any real world testing and hope to never do it but it is always good to have some protection.

if u lost your phone no way u can get it back ..... forget and buy a new cell phone and this time keep in ur hand all time

i'll wait for 3 or 4 days, id i dont get a positive response, then i'll ask Apple to block the phone. i also have the IMEI no. of the phone.

the phone wasn't jailbroken. i haven't used/installed find my iPhone. can i do it now in another iOS and get to know the location? i dont know what iCloud is.

If you have been syncing your phone with your PC either via USB or over Wi Fi, chances are that there is a backup available on your PC. Run iTunes and look for the Photo Stream location and lookup to that folder on your PC.

You can go to icloud.com and login with your Apple id to see if there is back up of your stuff. I think the documents are backed up only if you use Apple's Keynote, Pages & Numbers (their equivalent of PowerPoint, Word and Excel). But most of your other stuff like Email, contacts, calendar, Notes, Reminders would be there.

Thanks all. I got my iPhone back, the cops traced it. I now want to secure it, with screen lock and security applications. Suggestions welcome 😉

How did they do it man? This is for the first time am hearing someone getting back there stolen mobile in India.